Server Maintenance This Week. ×

comparing inventory #s from different data bases

This topic is 6913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have several databases with 30,000 plus items in each. Each database should have matching inventory but they don't. I thought I could create a new data base that could compare the inventory #s from each of the other databases so that the same inventory # would line up across the page, enabling me to see the discrepancies. That didn't really work. I couldn't get the numbers to line up. Can anyone help me - by telling me what I'm not thinking through in this plan or with another idea about how to find the discrepancies. Thank you. Flanzy

You must create relation between each two files by inventory number. Then one field which=-1 if Isempty(Relation::Inventory). Sort by this field and you see discrepancies. If you want attach me any two files with inventory# i try to do it.

Howdy, Flanzy! aaa's idea is probably smarter and best, but before reading it, I would have combined the inventory numbers into 1 temporary database and then used FM's plain old FIND to

FIND > OMIT > (symbol ! duplicates) in the inventory # field

Normally, you would expect to find each inventory number twice, so I think searching for duplicates and omitting them will leave you with numbers that only appear once. I suppose you can include a reference field to identify which database the number is from if you suspect there's a lot of them.

--ST

This topic is 6913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.