Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Pro & Dev 7.03 Export Field Contents (crash)

This topic is 5420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Export Field Contents on a field with a file reference (to a .pdf file set to open in Preview on one machine anyway) causes FM to unexpectedly quit, before getting to the export file window. I have the crash report if of any use -- a bit of it here:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000008)

Tested on more than one file.

I can insert file references just fine. FM Dev. 9 can Export Field Contents fine.

FileMaker Pro 7.03 (also Dev. 7.03 on a separate Mac). Mac OS X 10.5.7.

--

I don't believe the fact that the db is served up with server has any bearing, but:

OS X Server 10.4.11 (fully Apple patched); FileMaker Server 7.0v4.

Files (stored as file references in the database) on Windows Server 2003. Permissions the same as always (and both Macs can open the files directly no problem).

--

I wonder if one of the newer OS X patches is causing the behavior. I know 7 is not supported (but I'm the last person needing convincing to upgrade! -- out of my control : ) Thanks.

Ken

Why not get the free FM10 trial and run a test using that. If it doesn't crash you know the route to pursue.

There is no upgrade pricing from MF7 any more, so it's a full license purchase.

I'm not clear on your advice to try FM10 (trial period). I wrote that I tried FM9 and did not encounter the problem. That said, I am trying to determine if this is a known, unsolvable issue that started somewhat recently, or if, while specific to 7 (vs., for example, v. 9), there may be a fix. I talked with someone later who said he had heard of an external file causing this behavior, however it seems to happen on all files, and different kinds (.pdf and .html I've tested so far).

Ken

This topic is 5420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.