Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I need a help with ServerSide Scripting!!

Megalo

This topic is 4203 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When the FMSA ver10.0 starts running scheduled script, it always seems to be failing.

The system log says "Scripting Error 100 (FileName) Perform Find"

What it's doing in that script is,

1.Perform Find to search for "0" of the flag field in the table of the another file, which is related

to the current table.

2.If there's any records found, it starts getting data from the table of the another file related, and change the flag field to "1" as finished.

3.It keeps doing above from the beginning record to the end.

This is all I wanna do.

If anyone knows how to solve, please help me.

Edited by Guest

Error 100 is FILE MISSING.

Possibly your file reference for the target file is not the one on the server - maybe another copy on your local computer.

Check that the file reference is for the one on the server.

Your script in file A needs to explicitly open file B, you can't rely on the implicit FM client behavior where FM would automatically open the related file for you.

To avoid issues either write a script that will be used only in the server side script or branch your existing script using the Get(ApplicationVersion) function.

Thank you for the comments, guys!!

This issue seems to be big big problem for FMS user =(

I took a look at the link and it still looked there's no solution yet unless FM provide us new updater.

In the thread, it was saying that all the matter might be caused by how the database are setup in subfolders.

Indeed, another database file is placed in the other subfolder. Does this really matter?

If I put them together in the same subfolder, does it help?

To be honest,

I want to leave them in the separated subfolders because of scheduled backup which can only cover the files in the same folder.

I have one file called "ServersideScript.fp7" with external references below, in which all the scripts and layouts exist in order to write data.

---------------------------------

filepath:file:DB_CurrentTable

filepath:file:DB_DataTable

---------------------------------

Edited by Guest

Your script in file A needs to explicitly open file B, you can't rely on the implicit FM client behavior where FM would automatically open the related file for you.

To avoid issues either write a script that will be used only in the server side script or branch your existing script using the Get(ApplicationVersion) function.

what do you mean by saying "branch existing script using the Get(ApplicationVersion) function."

• 2 years later...

Err, one thought - you're not using folders on the server to keep the files separated? Your remote file references (from client to server) don't care which subfolder FMSA serves its files from, but when you're running a script in file A on the server, and it calls another script in file B, if file B is not at the same level in the server's document hierarchy, then you need to specify that in the External Data Source's path... i.e.

file:File_B

fmnet:/myserver_ip/File_B

is not the same as

file:../Folder for File B/File_B

fmnet:/myserver_ip/File_B

If A & B are not at the same level, then the top file specifier will give an error 100, whilst the bottom one will work.

This topic is 4203 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.