Need a good mathmatician that can create basic 2D CAD coordinates

FMDuck

This topic is 5083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution that makes crates in sizes anywhere from about 1'x1'x1' to 100+'x20'x20'. A crate panel is constructed somewhat like the wall on a home using 4'x8' plywood and 2"x4" lumber but there are options to orient plywood sideways rather than the usual requirements of orienting it vertically. There is also a restriction of a minimum size that a piece must be such as 16" or larger.

As would be expected, there's a bit more to understand than this but that covers basic variations.

Please refer to the attached crate panel diagram and script snippet. The crate panel diagram reflects the most complex panel due to the rotation of some plywood. The script should be self explanatory but what I've done doesn't need to be used.

I am in need of having a script written that will:

1) Determine the size, orientation and placement of each piece of plywood.

2) Clear and populate a related table with each individual piece of plywood. Fields include Length, Width, xStart, xEnd, yStart and yEnd.

3) Clear and populated a related table with each individual piece of lumber using the same fields.

You do not need to develop any interface.

For simplicity, I'll supply you with a small file that should include everything you need. I think this everything is in place other than the script.

You can post back here or contact me directly at [email protected].

Thanks much.

Crate_Panel.png

Crate_Panel_Script.png

I've received a couple of emails saying that the attached script isn't that self explanatory so hopefully the following will help.

The script that I included identifies the number of rows of plywood then the number of columns of plywood. Initially it determines the number of full size pieces of plywood then determines the remaining area that is not yet covered. If the remaining size is less than $minPlySize (the minimum dimension allowed for any one piece of plywood) then it adds the last piece using the minimum size and goes back to the first piece and reduces it's size as necessary to allow the last piece to be as large as required.

This method reduces the number of cuts and, as much as reasonably possible, assures that seams on the front and back (or left and right) of the crate don't line up.

If the crate panel is smaller than one sheet of plywood, then the script needs to check if it's OK to rotate the plywood.

After these steps are done, it needs to create a separate record for each piece of plywood including X, Y coordinates for that piece. This step is optional if it seems to present challenges.

After completing plywood, it needs to add the lumber over the seams and then between the seams based on predetermined maximum spacing.

Please feel free to email me or post here if you have any questions.

Thanks.

This topic is 5083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.