relationship logic

imoree

This topic is 4578 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey gang again!!

screen shot of erd wanna be..post-105143-0-92870300-1314879155_thumb.

problem with this as i am designing is too many exceptions with allow creation,etc. so soon.

scenario

Customer walks in shop. they choose to order a pull apart cake.

IN order for that to happen we need.

customer name, etc

order id #

due date, due time, message, notes, kitchen notes, message, flavors, style, pa-type, delivery status, icing

( i would love to have an @ATTRIBUTES table as other items need this same information. )

Putting all of this in a portal doesnt make sense to me as we have other items such as

cakes(buttercream, creamy fab, fondant ), cupcakes(single, dozen, (@Attributes { iced, image} ), cookies {iced | image },

suites ( { cake {flavor, filling} , style{lady, edible image, fondant}, {cupcakes {flavor, color, style}, stand {white | gold |silver} )

how can i create an ERD that makes this as simplified as possible. I feel a bit lost at the moment but still trying to figure out.

-i

Update:

changed some relationships in order to get a Fully integrated system as well as not complicate things to much. Still

trying to fix a few relational issues, but almost there.

here is an update:

post-105143-0-45553200-1315241014_thumb.

I hope that many of you out there actually take the time to Visualize, draw and conceptualize

any issue from the start. Later down the road you will regret not taking the time.

due date, due time, message, notes, kitchen notes, message, flavors, style, pa-type, delivery status, icing...

Kitchen notes? Message, Notes? Is all this data *really* needed?

Don't sore data just because it's there. It should only be captured if it has an output required by the business process. Otherwise it'll be more work for the data entry people and wasted effort for the developer. ROI < 0

I'd start with a simple invoicing system and work up the complexity from there. Get something implemented quickly, then work out what more needs to be done

clients->invoices->lineitems<-products

This topic is 4578 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.