Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Forcefully Disconnected?

This topic is 4442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Error from FM Server 11:

File has been forcefully disconnected by the host. All affected windows will be closed. [From Administrator: “”]

Anyone have insight into what could be the root of this issues? I have run recover on the database that was closed. No issues reported, yet I still get this from FM Server after the file has been open for an hour or so.

Help!

We got the error resolved.

The issue stemmed from corrupted data, screwed up indexes and a corrupted schema, which occured when our server (which only runs FM server) froze and had to be manually shut down without first closing our databases in FM server.

For any who may encounter this issue in the future:

This is how I had to "fix" the file (I know there are many things wrong with what I am using as the current file, but we had no other choice as our backup had been turned off for over a month {don't ask...})

1. Pull the DB off FM Server. Sent it to a Mac Pro with FM PRO Advanced. Save as a clone (no data).

2. Export all data that would export from the corrupted database. (We were lucky to get most data (no images, though), some was harder to get because the export would hang when exporting from certain layouts.)

3. Import data to the cloned file. (Tried to upload and run the DB at this juncture, but got more errors and FM Server would close the file, and refuse to reopen)

4. Run recover on the cloned file.

5. Upload the Cloned, Recovered file to FM Server.

LIke I said, I know that we shouldn't be using a recovered file as our main file, but we have no backup.

Everything checks out for now, has been operational for one week with no issues.

For reference, this was on a 32 GB database file, with 30 GB coming from images. We now only store a reference to the image files.

This topic is 4442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.