Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker instant web publishing

This topic is 3833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I published my filemaker database to the web, however I get the error when trying to access it "layout must be in classic format"

How do I write a script that changes my database to a classic layout i've created when logging in from the web?

I also have ipad/iphone versions and they switch to those layouts on entry.

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. A database that I created will not open, "layout must be in classic format." So I set up a Main Menu in Classic Theme, set File Options to "Switch to Layout" to the classic Main Menu, set my Opening Script to go to the classic main menu, still get the error.

So I set up a new database, classic theme, works fine. I even pasted my main menu items into it (still classic theme) works fine.

Duplicated that layout, set it to Electric theme (but it opens on classic theme layout) works great.

Why won't my other database open in IWP? Any ideas???

• 2 months later...

You can avoid the error message associated with custom themed layouts if you use a script using Set Error Capture [On] before changing layouts. Not all of the fonts and stylized items will translate well in a web browser so you will need to make additional changes for it to look nice.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I published my filemaker database to the web, however I get the error when trying to access it "layout must be in classic format"

How do I write a script that changes my database to a classic layout i've created when logging in from the web?

I also have ipad/iphone versions and they switch to those layouts on entry.

Thanks

Matt

I noticed that nobody answered to how to choose a different layout on the opening script according to iphone, ipad or PC version (very different screen sizes...).

I tried with several get functions but they seems not to report correctly on the web browser.

Anybody with a solution ?

To contribute, I report this:

http://www.creative-networks.de/en/iwp-page-optimization-for-mobile-devices/

Trevix

It dose not. Somehow both on the iphone and on the iPad it report 640 on the screenWidth and on the desktop width.

It works on the desktop computer tough.

I tried other get funcions but it looks like the IWP does not distinguish iPhone from iPad.

Weird !

This topic is 3833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.