Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server side AppleScript "aborted by user"

fm30

This topic is 3917 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey Guys!

I know there are several postings on this "aborted by user" error status reported by scheduled scripts, and I've tried everything I've read and I still can't get my script to run.

I'm just trying to run a basic test script written in AppleScript to see if it works:

tell app "finder" to make new folder at (path to desktop) with properties {name:"test folder"}

I know the script works when I run it from the AppleScript Editor app, but once I place it in the server folder and schedule it, it fails with the infamous "aborted by user" status. I am logged in with the only (administration level) account on the computer.

I've tried changing all permissions to read & write, modifying the sudoers file, etc.

After hours upon hours, I still don't know what to do to get the AppleScript to run. Would somebody be so kind as to shed some light on this issue, please?

I'm running FMS 12 Advanced

Thanks in advance

remember that all FMS scripts run as user fmsadmin of group fmserver.  So the "path to desktop" is the fmsadmin's desktop and he probably does not have one given the type of account.  So pick another location, and make sure that the fmsadmin user has full privileges to your chosen folder.

Alternatively, provide a set of credentials to run the script under, credentials to an account that you know has the proper rights.

• Newbies

Thanks for your response!

I tried both of your suggestions, but unfortunately I still get the same error.

I'll keep trying to find an answer and will post if I find anything... 

Thanks again!

This topic is 3917 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.