Daily Balance

This topic is 2623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a simple accounting solution that I enter my check book transactions in. I am beside myself trying to figure out how to show my account balance at the end of each day. I acquire the current balance with this formula; Beginning Balance-Summary Expenses + Summary Deposits.

My issue is capturing the balance daily. I have tried numerous calculations, all to no avail. I believe I need to write a script to accomplish this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ed, and welcome to the FMForums,

I moved your topic from "FileMaker Pro 12" to "Calculation Engine (Define Fields)”, because the FileMaker Pro 12 topic is restricted to questions about the new functions, features tools that were release with that version of FileMaker.

This topic fits into several of the topic areas, including reports.

Edited by Lee Smith
Added to the default language.

This topic is 2623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DPaquin
      Hello,

I do want to upgrade from Filemaker Server 12 to version 16.
      At first I've wanted to uninstall v12 but cannot access to the console. 
      I get screen saying "Cannot start the Consol, managing  Admin Server not available?
      Does anyone have an idea of why I cannot start the FMS 12 Consol.

Thanks!

FMS-ERR.tiff
    • By candell
      FYI I tried to add this to the Filemaker community page but don't think it worked hence adding here also.
      I have been tasked with creating a website for a charity, part of the website will be a searchable archive of all of their historic data. This data is stored in Filemaker Pro 12 on the historians machine.
      He has provided me with 4 .fmp12 files, I downloaded a trial version that I found here http://www.filemaker.com/redirects/ss.html?file=PRO12MAC however none of his files will open.
      The website runs on Wordpress which is php based, the database is a maria database although I am happy to use whatever method I need to get this data on to the website and searchable.
      I was expecting to open the files in the trial version, export as csv and create and import in to the maria database.
      Is this possible with filemaker, do you think I would be better downloading a trial of the latest version, will his files open ok in the latest version?
      Unfortunately I have no experience of filemaker so am struggling a little.
      Thanks for any advice anyone may be able to provide.
    • By JH Howland
      Filemaker Pro Adv 12 running under Windows 10.
      Trying to "Send Mail" with two (2) attachments.  The specified attachment files are defined as $Path1 (from_map.png) and $Path2 (to_map.png).  Both files are located at C:/Users/{user id}/AppData/Local/Temp/S<n>.
      The Specified files are entered as:
      $PATH1
      $PATH2
      However, when Send Mail is activated only $PATH1 is shown as an attachment.
      Can't seem to get past this problem, help please.
    • By Kishan_Canoo
      I would like to have options to enter either fields (selling price or margin) and the other should be automatically calculated for instance:

Cost Price = 100 (Available)
           Sell Price  =  Calculation field or ?? Input amount
           Margin     =  Calculation field or ?? Input percentage

If i put 160 on sell price it should automatically put 37.5% in margin or if i put 37.5% in margin field it should automatically fill sell price for 160.
      File uploaded
      Login name: admin
      No Password: 

Thank you in advanced.
      TEST.fmp12
    • By John Link
      I have FileMaker Pro 12 installed on four computers on my network, and FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 stored on a fifth computer. There is a shared database stored on one of the first four computers. When using the shared database from the fifth computer and I attempt to check any of the checkboxes for the field Events, I see the message shown in the attachment and I am unable to check the checkbox (This behavior occurs only on the fifth computer). If I then do a search, after doing the search I am able to check any of the checkboxes in the previously problematic field. I've restarted the fifth computer and the problematic behavior stills occurs.

Any suggestions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.