Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EasySync with Data Separation Model

This topic is 3592 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First, thank you Tim for EasySync! I am a beginner/intermediate developer and I was able to set it up in a matter of minutes on my solution.

I have a question about using EasySync with the data separation model. I have a solution with two files (App.fmp12 and Data.fmp12). With EasySync, this would in effect leave me with four files: App Hosted.fmp12, App Mobile.fmp12, Data Hosted.fmp12, Data Mobile.fmp12).

Are there any special considerations in setting up EasySync? Or can I simply configure EasySync on the data files (i.e. Data Mobile and Data Hosted?

Thanks,

Matt.

Matt,

I am in the middle of a complex implementation of EasySync and am also using data separation (although only on the server)  There shouldn't be any major issues, but make sure you test often on iOS as well as the desktop as I have experienced some differences in behaviour.

PJ

Matt --

I'm glad that you're finding EasySync so easy to work with.

Regarding the separation model: You'll definitely want to wire up EasySync to the "Data Hosted" file. On the mobile side, it depends on how you want to call EasySync. I recommend wiring it up to "App Mobile," because I think you'll find setting up the UI easier that way, and you probably have table occurrences setup in it for everything that you'll need to sync. You could wire it up to "Data Mobile," but I think you'll find that more difficult to work with.

I hope this helps. If you have any other problems, please post back and let us know.

-- Tim

This topic is 3592 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.