Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trouble with "pull-only" synch

This topic is 3547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First off, thanks for making this available to the community!

I am in the "wow, what a great resource - how can I get it to work in my solution" stage of testing.  

I have a project that requires my users to have access to data on their mobile devices for read-only purposes (they are not editing the data, only viewing it).  The data changes from time to time so I want the mobile device to "pull" the data from the hosted file but not push any changes back to the hosted file.  

I have followed the instructions to set up EasySync and have been able to get the process to complete successfully when I use "ES_TableName" in the relationship graph.  When I set up my table to be "pull only" (by re-naming it "ES_PULL_TableName" in both the hosted and mobile file) the process generates a SyncError and I get a message window that says "There are no tables configured for synching"

I can get it to work using "ES_TableName" just fine but I suspect if I require "pull-only" functionality, setting it up as "ES_PULL_TableName" is the way I need to go - probably because it would increase the speed of the sync process.  

Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!  I am sure it is something simple that I have missed somewhere!

Sean --

Looks like you've discovered a bug!

The problem lies in the "Push Payload" script on the mobile side. If all of the tables that are being synced are pull-only, then EasySync will throw the error that you're getting.

I'm going to add this to the Open Issues list, and will address it in the next version of EasySync (which should be released in early September). In the meantime, if you're feeling adventurous, you can adjust the "Sync With Server" script so that the entire "Push" phase of the process is bypassed.

Sorry for the bug! 

-- Tim

Sean --

Another thing that you can try is to setup a dummy "push" table that has no records in it. That should bypass the error and allow the pull phase to proceed.

Thanks again.

-- Tim

• Like 1

This topic is 3547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.