Error 504 from server - attempt to push data failed

This topic is 3339 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, Folks. 

I almost has this a couple of hours ago...actually was getting the sync from one table. After I "fixed" what O thought the problem was, I am getting a new error. After I click the Synch with Server button, the host file closes and the message pops up:

"The attempt to push data to the server has failed. (The message received from the server was: 504)"

I'll continue to fiddle with it -- any thoughts would be welcome.

Thank you,

Covita

Covita --

A 504 error indicates that a "Value in field is not unique as required in validation entry options." So it sounds like you are trying to push up a record that has a field value that is already in the hosted copy of the database.

-- Tim

• Like 1

• Newbies

Thanks, Tim - will report back to share what I learn.

Update -- Getting Close:

The two files are definitely talking to each other (no error messages):

1. I deleted all data from the iPad file and did a sync. 

2. Of the three records in the hosted server file, only one (of the three) record was added onto the mobile iPad file.

3. from the iPad, I added a child detail record based on the parent record that had come over in step 2.

That child record made it mack to the hosted file.

So now I need to figure out why only one of the records from the server made it to the iPad.

• Newbies

I added a record from the iPad -- worked fine!

However, when I modified that same record from the iPad, I got a "Push Failed" message (from server: 504).

Also just notices a second record added on the server, will not update on the iPad, after several sync attempts it just ignore that new record.

We're going in circles now...

The FileMaker 504 error is "Value in field is not unique as required in validation entry options." So you're trying to push (or pull) a record that has a duplicate value in a field that requires unique values.

If I were you, I would wipe the mobile database, do an initial sync, and then see what happens.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm absolutely slammed.

-- Tim

• 6 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi Tim and Covita,

I suffered the same issue for one long day, until I  realized that I had my EasySync layout in Table View. It invalidates the access to the portal rows in some way.

It works fine when I turn the layout into Form View and gives back the error: "The attempt to push data to the server has failed. (The message received from the server was: 504)"  when I turn it into Table View.

EasySync makes a copy of the record instead of updating it and on commit there are two records found withs the same ID. That's why the "Process Payload from Client" script on the server gives back the error.

Thanks Tim for a Great Job

This topic is 3339 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.