Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've integrated EasySync into an existing solution and it works very well. However I'm having trouble pulling changes form the host file to the mobile file.

The initial pull from the host file to the mobile file worked and changes to the mobile file are pushed to the host file (including new records). However changes to the host file (including new records) are not being pulled into the mobile file.

The 'ES_UTC_Time' field is being updated when I make a change to the host record. My table names use the 'ES_TableName' convention.

I see that the 'Prepare Payload for Client' script is returning 0 which I guess means it didn't find any changed in the hosted file?

Any help would be appreciated.

James

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I also had a problem with pulling data from the host to the "mobile" database.

After reading this thread, I realized that it might be related to having both the hosted database and the mobile database open on the same PC.

I closed the mobile database on the pc, sent it to my iPad, and tried syncing again without making any changes to the hosted database.  No luck.  I tried adding a new record to the hosted database, then hitting sync from the database on the iPad, and voila - the new record was pulled down from the server.

Can anyone explain why the pull to mobile database doesn't work for records that are added/modified on the hosted database when both databases are open on the same pc?

Thx...  Meg

Meg --

EasySync keeps track of the device that last updated a record, and it does this to prevent data from being "round-tripped" during the sync process. Here's what I mean by "round tripping..."

During the sync process, the mobile device initiates the sync and pushes any records that have been added or deleted on the device since the last sync. The mobile device then pulls records from the host that have been updated since the last sync. In order to prevent that payload from including  records that the mobile device just pushed to the server, it excludes records based on the device ID. In other words, it only includes records that other users (devices) have made changes to. Otherwise, it would "round trip" those records - push them up, and then immediately pull them back down. That can prove to be very costly, especially when containers are being synced.

The behavior that you were seeing is the result of all of that. EasySync wasn't pulling down the changes that you had made directly to the database, because it was under the impression that your mobile database already had them.

I hope this makes sense... If not, let me know, and I'll try to explain it better.

-- Tim
  • Like 1

This topic is 3475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.