Extend a Repeating Field to Be Used With Every Repetition of Another Repeating Field

This topic is 3515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there

I am on the hunt for a function or calculation that will operate like the native Extend () function but I need it to grab the data from another related REPEATING field instead for a non-repeating field which is the limit of the Extend () function.

To give a bit of background on what I am doing, I have built a responsive image grid and a responsive notes grid very akin to the Facebook interface.  I am at the finish line.  The last thing I need to do is add "Edit" and "Delete" options to the bottom of each repetition in the portal (like a Facebook post).  All other items in the grid are populated using the extend function and it works as it should of course because they are non-repeating unique data points.

The structure is simple.  I have a Contact table, a notesdisplayrows table, and a notes table.  All data points are calculated in the displayrows table.  Example:

GetNthRecord (Extend(CONTACTS_NOTESGRID::ID); Get(CalculationRepetitionNumber))

However, where the "Edit" and "Delete" options are concerned I need something that will grab both the 1st and 2nd repetition of a field so that they will display as lower menu options for each repetition (I.e. Facebook).  I currently have a repeating field in the notes (notesgrid) table and the 1st rep is "Edit" and the 2nd rep is "Delete".

Any suggestions?

Um, I'm not sure how it works with related tables, but when in the same table, a field reference from one repeating field will access the same repetition in another repeating field. No need for Extend() or Get ( CalcRepNumber). This may be the same when referencing a related repeating field.

Whether or not you're on the right track using all these repeating fields in portals is another question.

This topic is 3515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.