Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EasySync 1.3 Is Now Available

This topic is 3480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just a quick note:

EasySync v1.3 is now available.

This release resolves a few issues that have been reported over the past several months. A detailed list of the changes that have been made can be found in the change log, which is in the EasySync zip file. Also, I've also posted a summary of the changes on my blog: http://bit.ly/10aAjRZ

You can download the new version from the EasySync Web site: http://fmeasysync.com

Thanks!

-- Tim

• Newbies
I edited the Change Log as it was hard to read (on NotePad at least). For those interested:

*** Changes made to the "Mobile" database *** 

Script: Sync With Server Added lines 3 through 8.
Reason: Moved configuration check from "Push Payload” script to this earlier step in the sync process.

Script: Pull Payload Changed: Line 213 (near comment "If the value of this field has changed…”) From: If ( $field_value ≠ Evaluate ( $table_name & "::" & $field_name ) ) To: not Exact ( $field_value ; Evaluate ( $table_name & "::" & $field_name ) )
Reason: Resolves issue when only the case of a text value has change. Ex: “Joe” to “joe"

Script: Push Payload Changed: Line 21 (Exit Script script step, result returned) From: 0 & ¶ & "Sync Error" & ¶ & "There are no tables configured for syncing." To: 1 & ¶ & "Push Phase Cancelled" & ¶ & "There are no tables configured for push.”
Reason: Helps to resolve Pull-only configuration issues.

Script: Push PayloadChanged: Line 58 From : Exit Loop If ( $r > $field_reps ) To: Exit Loop If ( $r > GetAsNumber ( $field_reps ) )
Reason: Resolves issue encountered with fields that have more than 10 reps. 

Script: Push Payload Changed: Line 82 From : Exit Loop If ( $r > $field_reps ) To: Exit Loop If ( $r > GetAsNumber ( $field_reps ) )

*** Changes made to the "Hosted" database *** 

Script: Process Payload from Client Changed: Line 257 (near comment "If the value of this field has changed…”) From: If ( $field_value ≠ Evaluate ( $table_name & "::" & $field_name ) ) To: not Exact ( $field_value ; Evaluate ( $table_name & "::" & $field_name ) )
Reason: Resolves issue when only the case of a text value has change. Ex: “Joe” to “joe"

Script: Prepare Payload for Client Deleted: Line 18
Reason: Duplicate of Line 17 Thanks: Chris Stapleton for pointing this out.  

Script: Prepare Payload for Client Changed: Line 75 From : Exit Loop If ( $r > $field_reps ) To: Exit Loop If ( $r > GetAsNumber ( $field_reps ) )

Script: Prepare Payload for Client Changed: Line 100 From : Exit Loop If ( $r > $field_reps ) To: Exit Loop If ( $r > GetAsNumber ( $field_reps ) )

Ryan --

I think it depends on what you're more comfortable with. You can either manually make the changes (using the release notes), or you can replace the existing scripts. If you do replace the scripts, just double-check the external script calls.

I wish that there was an easier way...

-- Tim

This topic is 3480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.