This topic is 2055 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a scripted import of a found count (about 500 records) to another table. It works well locally. However, in FileMaker Server 13...no luck.

My process:

1. Find the records

2. Change layout to new table

3. Import the found records in 1.

In server something is failing. I think it might be the import path. Can anyone provide some advice? Thank you. The literature is often discussing imports of excel files, etc.

thanks

Todd

This topic is 2055 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By stan111
      Gents, 
      there is a price list in Excel with images embedded. Do you have an idea how to import those records into DB with corresponding images preserved?
      Note that I've attached only two records, there are 600 of them. Any manual manipulations with the images is not an option.

price.xlsx
    • By Philip Sommers
      I currently administer a Filemaker 16 Server and only use Oracle Java for the admin console (web publishing is turned off). We want to get rid of Java rather than start paying for it. Rather than upgrade to FMS18, is it possible to use OpenJDK instead of Java for the FMS16 admin console? If so, is there anyone that can provide some guidance on how to do that?
    • By mountainx
      I am trying to import data from a MySQL database and need to somehow also import fieldnames to be the fieldname in FMP. Is there anyway to do that? I have a CSV of the fieldnames and I also have a MySQL dump of fieldnames and associated data.
      Thanks for any help.
    • By jjjjp
      After upgrading to FM Server 16, I am seeing that the automatic daily script executed from the server side is no longer doing so without error. The script sends email reminders to workshop presenters scheduled within 4 days. The error code, which I record in a log, is 119. However, that code isn't listed among the error codes listed in the online help:
      https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Ferror-codes.html%23
      Knowing the meaning of the error may provide useful information that will help me reconfigure the email account settings for the command Send Via SMTP Server.
      Thanks.

• By winklestork
      I have searched the forum and internet and not found an answer to my delima.
      I have a solution with a scripted import of a csv file. I do not want import dialog (e.g. mapping), so I have it set to no.  I don't know the name of the file, only that it is a csv file. If I leave the filename out of the import dialogue, the default SHOW filetype in the open file dialog is for a filemaker database. The user needs education to change the SHOW to csv or all. That is undesirable. If I import a correct file once, the next time the script runs in that session, it prompts for a csv file, but if I quit the application and run it again, it goes back to SHOWing  filemaker databases. If I provide a bogus file, e.g. YourFile.csv -- I have to capture errors or I get no file dialog for them to find their file. If they cancel, they get a filemaker dialog I don't control that tells them the user aborted the import, continue or cancel. If they cancel, the script exits and I don't get control. That, too, is undesirable.
      What is the best practice for scripted imports so that whether the user complies or cancels, I maintain control of what happens next?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.