Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Clearing / Resetting Mobile DB

This topic is 3392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What is the best way to "re-setup" my mobile and host databases for testing purposes? As I add tables, have problems, remove tables, fix problems, add tables again, I'm finding that I am having to do a lot of strange things to "reset" the host and prepare for my next test. Combine that with the DeviceID and the need to "setup" my host on a separate device, I really feel like I am doing this the hard way. Are there some suggestions?

The problems that are manifested: I will do a sync... 545 records will come over (yay!) and then I'll have an error (boo). So I start debugging and when I think I fix the problem, I will clear my mobile data (including Payloads) and then it won't sink the first 545 records again. All previous tables think they're up to date. 

My final product will be injected into a live system with live data so I want to make sure I get all the parts right first. 

Thanks,

Ryan

(still fighting 106, 502)

If you're using the same computer for editing both mobile and host files for testing:

My work-around was to clean out the mobile file and to fuss with device ID and remove the calculated value property for the Device ID fields in the HOSTED database and then use Replace field contents with something like "5" (for example). Then the mobile client on the same computer will pull the records in from the server.

This topic is 3392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.