Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Transport assistance

Nuri Baba

This topic is 3367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize for my bad English.

I've written a few times on this forum but I could not get a result.

The staff of the company I work from home, I plan to move the database to work from home business.

Where the job description as follows:

TABLE:

CUSTOMERS
BUSES
DRIVERS
ROUTES
INVOICES
FATURA_LINES
PAYMENTS

Buses with the specific route, picked up from the office staff to the office in the evening customers are left home away from home in the morning.

Pricing is done by time.
Every day time are the same.
Each customer is different, there are different routes and prices.
Each customer is done with 1-year contract.
Billing is done monthly bill payments cut Getting Cash or Cheque.

How do I establish a relationship where my problem and I need to start from.
Do me a rough draft yapabilirmisiniz file on this matter.

Moderate use my little knowledge I var.filemak 13 version.

Thank you in advance for your help.

How do I establish a relationship where my problem and I need to start from.

You have not stated what your problem is.  You have outlined some of what the solution should do but not where you are stuck.

Wim Decorte;

Verdiğiniz cevap için teşekkür ederiz

Complex Many-to-Many Relationships

BUS SÜRÜCÜLER masa ve nasıl ilişki?

Ben örnek dosyayı başlamak istiyorum.

Bu sorun,

Teşekkür Ederim

post-101755-0-22145300-1422872526_thumb.

Sorry Steve, it was a joke.

I forgot it was an Italian bowling game, my reference was to Star Wars.

Because nuri posted what looked like his/her fingers had slide off of a keyboard row.

Anyway, the Bocce I was referring to is a Star Wars language, here Bocce and here Wikipedia ,  

Lee

I believe that the umlaut suggests it is a foreign language.  Google Translate implies it is Turkish:

Thank you for your response
 Complex Many-to-Many Relationships
 BUS DRIVERS table and how the relationship?
 I want to start a sample file.

This problem
Thank you

Hi Nuri,

If I understand you (and that is a big IF), you want to know how to relate the Drivers and Buses?

Routes would be your Product, placed on Invoice Lines each time a Route is 'sold.'.  Your Driver and Bus are what is required because a Route can not happen unless it has both a Driver and a Bus.  The relationships would (probably) best be expressed as the attached example.

Please continue to ask questions and we will be happy to work through the translation so we can help you.  :-)

post-59345-0-89332400-1422945641_thumb.p

Dear LaRetta ;

As you can imagine in your
Staff want to build a database related to transportation.

As seen in the picture below ERD, I yöndemiy right to begin with?

Turkish:

Sizinde tahmin edeceğiniz gibi 
Personel Taşıma ile ilğili bir veritabanı inşa etmek istiyorum.

Aşağıda resimde ki ERD de görüldüğü gibi, başlamak için doğru yöndemiyim?

language:Türkçe

post-101755-0-38124800-1422955845_thumb.

As seen in the picture below ERD, I yöndemiy right to begin with?

Hi Nuri,

I can not translate the world 'yöndemiy' but your ERD appears correct.  Your Invoice_Line table would then have an fk_assignmentID field and when the route has been travelled and the Assignment is complete, the Company is billed by creating an Invoice_Line record with this kp_assignmentID.  

The Invoice_Line price could be a lookup from the Assignments extended price.  If Assignments can never change once completed, you could instead just reference the related Assignment price which will be available through the relationship as soon as you insert the kp_assignmentID into the Invoice_Line record.

ERD to connect these tables:  Invoice_Lines::_kf_assignmentID = Assignments::__kp_assignmentID

en içten dileklerimle

The only change I would make is to place your Invoices table between Company and Invoice_Lines, with the Invoice itself holding the _kf_company_ID (assuming an Invoice can only belong to a single Company).  Most times, it also helps to have the _kf_company_ID in Invoice_lines so you can leave it there, but it can be an auto-enter or lookup from the invoice itself.

You have a pretty clear understanding of the necessary structure.  :-)

I thought you had what you needed, Nuri ... confirmation that your structure was correct.  If not, then we are back to Wim's question ... 

What is it that is still a confusion?  There is no need for me to give you a file with this structure when, according to your relational graph, it is all there.  I know language issues can make this a bit difficult but please try to say more of what you need, okay?  :-)

I thought you had what you needed, Nuri ... confirmation that your structure was correct.  If not, then we are back to Wim's question ... 

What is it that is still a confusion?  There is no need for me to give you a file with this structure when, according to your relational graph, it is all there.  I know language issues can make this a bit difficult but please try to say more of what you need, okay?  :-)

It seems to me that we had better Can you give examples of the demo file.

It was a pleasure to discuss you these points.

If I gave you a demo file, it would be exactly what you have.   :crazy2:

That is precisely how *I* would approach your problem.  Others may have other suggestions.

If you want me to add all the scripts and buttons and layouts for it then, no ... I cannot take the solution that far.  If you begin to build onto this file and you get stuck, post a specific question and we can help you through it.  Does that sound okay?

It seems to me that we had better Can you give examples of the demo file.

It was a pleasure to discuss you these points.

I think I should clarify what I said Relational graph, ok?

I’ll let you know if there is any problem.

I suppose we have a deal, then.

En içten dileklerimle

Well I do not make deals nor take bets!  And I said 'we' can help you through it, here on forums.  But I will always try to help if I can AND if I have the time, you can depend upon that.

Ben size tasarımı ile diliyoruz .  (I wish you the best with your design)

If I gave you a demo file, it would be exactly what you have.   :crazy2:

That is precisely how *I* would approach your problem.  Others may have other suggestions.

If you want me to add all the scripts and buttons and layouts for it then, no ... I cannot take the solution that far.  If you begin to build onto this file and you get stuck, post a specific question and we can help you through it.  Does that sound okay?

Great! Then we’ve got the deal.

I am sure this is a rare problem Language problem :)

Off topic:  Cool avatar, Nuri.

I am sure this is a rare problem Language problem :)

Yes, language differences do occasionally impede clear communication here on the forum—the most prolific responders being primarily English-speaking—but usually things get answered in the end.

Kudos to LaRetta for going the extra mile and using Google Translate to translate your Turkish description of the problem.

Off topic:  Cool avatar, Nuri.

Yes, language differences do occasionally impede clear communication here on the forum—the most prolific responders being primarily English-speaking—but usually things get answered in the end.

Kudos to LaRetta for going the extra mile and using Google Translate to translate your Turkish description of the problem.

:wave:

This topic is 3367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.