Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is it possible to schedule a script with subscripts executing across files

This topic is 3335 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having a script that searches through records of vehicles to find vehicles currently running today, when found, loops on this records, runs a subscript on another file/database table to create an invoice for each vehicle and within this subscript another subscript executes to create a payment record on the invoice in another file/database.......

Is this all exercise possible through running a server schedule, am having hard time getting it through, the script i have runs fine through the debugger but when i schedule it, it will execute on all the existing records and ignores found set, even with no found set, it will still go on to execute on all records in the file - could i be attempting an impossible case maybe???

A server-side scheduled scripts can certainly call other scripts in other files (on the same server), without problems.

Keep in mind that:

- you have to limit the scripts to use only server-compatible script steps

- the OnOpen script in each file will run as the file is opened, if that OnOpen script has unsupported script steps then it will cause problems

I verified server script steps in all scripts and the only incompatible step was "Save as PDF" which i changed to "save records as snapshot link" - not sure weather this will do the do, so i will let it go on after midnight again.

I think somehow, by going through the scripts within,  the main script loosing track of the found set it is suppose to loop on, thereby working up on all records, i can not figure where or how,

Please help......

This topic is 3335 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.