Employee Scheduling in FM

This topic is 3331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys, I've been tasked by my manager to find or create a program that will take into account  availability and the target number of hours per week for each person and schedule shifts. can this be done in Filemaker? how hard is it? am I barking up the wrong tree? thanks

can this be done in Filemaker? how hard is it? am I barking up the wrong tree?

These questions are very difficult to answer, because we don't know the exact (or even the approximate) specifications for the required solution. How hard is it? Depending on the number and type of constraints it needs to take into account, it could be anywhere between intermediate to extremely difficult, or even impossible to implement in Filemaker. It might be very difficult to implement by other means, too - see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurse_scheduling_problem

Perhaps your requirements are more modest, but it is difficult to imagine a scenario where such thing would be really easy. If you're just starting with Filemaker, then this would hardly be a good project to cut your teeth on.

See also:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/57970-does-anyone-takes-us-seriously/

• Like 1

Agree with comment.  Been a hacker/developer while running my psych practice for some 6 years now and I just found a way to pull this off that is approaching usable.  I employed a lot of execute SQL to make it work - but ... well thats another post.  Needless to say - likely possible but also hard to do.

This topic is 3331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.