Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auto-Enter Fields on Host File?

This topic is 3279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am new to EasySync and am developing my first solution with it and so far it is working great. Thank you Tim Dietrich! 

So far I have a simple form with records ADDed on the Mobile side with a simple PUSH on rows from three tables.  Like I imagine most developers, I began my EasySync project by duplicating my solution and renaming the files for Host/Mobile versions. Also like I imagine most developers I have a set of Auto-Enter fields that I include in every table for things like Creation Timestamp, Modification Timestamp, Account Name, Username, etc. 

I can see how this MIGHT be an issue on the Host side with a conflict between EasySync trying to write to those fields with the values from the Mobile side and Auto-Enter doing what it does. So I was thinking of removing all Auto-Enter fields on the Host File except for those explicitly required by EasySync. Sound right by anyone here? I see no reason to change any of this stuff on the Mobile side but I am open to suggestions.  What about adding fields to the Host file that are not on the Mobile side? For instance: 

HostCreationTimeStamp (with respective Auto-Enter on all)

HostCreationAccountName

HostCreationUsername

HostModificationTimeStamp

HostModificationAccountName

HostModificationUsername

That would leave a corresponding set of fields without "Host" in the fieldname that would implicitly mean "Mobile."  These might be useful for debugging purposes and other best practices.  Any thoughts? 

In general how does EasySync deal with a mismatch in fields on Mobile vs. Host? My hope is that it would just ignore any field not present in the other whether Push or Pull / Mobile or Host. I would love to hear that is the case but being a Newbie and all.

Thanks all!

-Michael

• Newbies

On clarification, where I say, remove "all Auto-Enter fields on the Host File except for those explicitly required by EasySync," I mean to say remove the Auto-Enter attributes for those fields, leaving the field themselves...

Thanks in advance for any insight : )

-MIchael

This topic is 3279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.