dysong3

some databases won't open

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just installed FMS 15 and have found that a couple of my databases won't open in FMS15 once they have been uploaded.  I have tried recovering them before uploading but all to no avail.  Would anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong here?

FMS15 has a new setting that does not allow files to be hosted if the full access account has no password set.    Admin Consoe > Database Server > Security tab, all the way at the bottom.

While you can toggle it off, it is obviously a lot more secure to set a pw for your full access accounts.

As an aside: do the recovery only on copies of your files, don't do that on the actual files.  There is always the risk of damage.

Thanks so much for that. I knew there had to be a catch ... which would have taken me ages to decypher. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Answers
      We have had Filemaker 15 Server up and running of while but when we originally  installed it was installed on port 444 (because of our router configuration). We wanted to reinstall using port 443. So I uninstalled per instructions, uninstalling, bonjour, microsoft items, java etc... Rebooted our Windows Server 2012. Ran installer and got the error message the port 443 was not open. Rand netstat -a -o from command prompt, it said Filemaker 14/ on port 443 was listening (PID 768 and 4), So used skill to kill the PID. Rebooted, still unable to install Filemaker 15, port not open.
      Then went  into diagnostic mode, started the installer service. Installed successfully but then could not launch Filemaker server, could not even change firewall settings. So now we are restoring the server to the image backup. 
      Would like to uninstall and reinstall again tomorrow using port 443, any hints or tips on what to check before an uninstall and reinstall.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would call FM tech support but they are not available on the weekends.

• By GEORGL03
      Good afternoon everyone,

Some BackStory:
      When FMCloud was first announced, I was ecstatic; I'm all for moving towards cloud technology for my agency. I was nearly there...about to pull the trigger and start a migration scheme from my current setup into the FMCloud, but then the one big caveat was found..
      "Supports custom app authentication via FileMaker user accounts only" AKA no External Authentication. But that is fine, I understand it was released for small businesses which need the scalability of AWS, but this DOES NOT work for my agency. I spent half a year moving away from filemaker user accounts, I can't go back; plus they have a Single Sign-on initiative that I'm trying to meet.

But I still need to get off of my old physical towers.So my next idea is that I want to spin up an EC2 in AWS and put filemaker server on it as an alternative, but I can't find any verbiage that details how that works(or if it works) in the way that I would like. Namely, I need my AWS server to talk to Active Directory, preferably by ADFS or SAML (lesser so).

So the question:
      Can I setup external Authentication to an Active Directory from a server being hosted on AWS that is housing FileMaker Server 15? If so, What should I make note of before diving into this?

Thanks for any help and clarification someone can provide.

~Levi
    • By dysong3
      Hello,
      Stange situation here.  After reinstalling FMS15 to resolve an issue, one of my FMPA clients on just one of my computers displays "connection failed" when trying connect to the available databases on the server when trying to connect with the local ip adresse.  All while several other computers have no problem doing the same.  The FMPA client that has the issue has no problem connect to available databases via an external ip address.  I have never seen this before and can't find any meaningful information on this by googling.  Would anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?  The error appears to be (51) on FMS.
    • By theusualsuspect
      I'm reaching the 125 database limit of filemaker server, so I need to deploy a second and was hoping I can do that on the same network and just change the default ports. But I must be missing something because I'm not able to bring up the admin console after installation. I think it has to do with a conflict on port 5003, but I'm not sure. (FYI the databases don't have to talk to each other - they are all silo'd) 
      My question is this - is there a way to run more than one filmmaker server deployment on the same network? If not, my only thought would be to create a virtual network with my router, but I don't want to go through the trouble if I don't have to. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
    • By rwoods
      Hello from the UK
      Does anyone have a good solution for automatically copying the FileMaker backup files to something like Google Drive on Mac OS X?
      FMS doesn't let you set the local Google Drive folder as the backup location as it doesn't have the correct permissions (I assume). I have purchased CarbonCopyCloner (shareware) for some customers which will do it, but does anyone have a great solution to copy those files using built-in or free tools?
      I suspect that there is a UNIX command that will do it, but I'm not very well versed in that.
      Any clues would be good!
      Merry Christmas everyone.