Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Russell Proctor

mac | pc
Stumped on charting

2 posts in this topic

I have a table that records defects found on production lines.

Record ID: URN

Defect: aDefect (bDefect, cDefect, etc)

Line: 01 (02, 03, etc)

FaultCount: 1 (calculation to set field at 1 to enable counting of fault)

I am trying to produce a stacked chart showing defects on the X-axis with the cumulative no of defect occurrences per line stacked on the Y-axis.

I have created a report grouped by defect:

Line 01 3

Line 02. 4

Line. 01. 5

Line 02. 3

And a report grouped by line:

Line 01

aDefect. 2

bDefect. 1

Line 02

aDefect. 1

bDefect. 4

To try and produce the graph but I am absolutely stumped.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

my Russell, welcome to the FM forums,

I moved  your topic from"FileMaker 13 General Discussion" to "Charting”, because your profile shows you are using FileMaker Pro 11. Also, we have a topic for  charting.

Please read the short description that accompany each topic area.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Ragupathi013
      Hi everyone,

I Need to display the Tooltips in web direct but its working filemaker pro and its working in IWP also But its not displaying in filemaker web direct can any guide me how to do this ??
    • By Ralph Schwegler
      I am working on a customization and have following issue:
      the Date Format is the US format (Month/Day/Year) and I need it to be the swiss/european format (day.month.year)
      The OS settings are correct, the FileMaker received the info to use the system settings, but there must be something  in the file itself.
      Any help on that?
      Thank you for any input
    • By happymac
      We have records with an external container, and sometimes the user will want to insert a new file into the container in place of the existing container file yet keep the same file name.  By design, Filemaker changes the file name to add an incremental suffix, so in the external container’s directory we see the original file and a new file with a suffix instead of deleting or overriding the original file.   so now we have two files, named originalimage.jpg and originalimage_1.jpg.  I understand WHY FileMaker does this ... it is sort of a fail safe to avoid a situation where a user accidentally uploads two images with the same name into two different records but since they technically different files, filemaker is trying to protect the original file from deletion. Problem is … in our case, we want to turn off this fail safe.  We have other systems in place that deal with duplicate file names, so if the user wants to upload a file with an identical name, we want to delete or overwrite the original file and not create a second file.
      A good example is an image, where the user inserts an image into the container, then outside of FileMaker they edit that image so it is now a different file size with different attibutes.  Then the user inserts the newly edited file (but same filename) into the same record's container.   Currently the end result is that we end up with two files in the directory (one with a _1 suffix on the name), but we only want the new file to exist.
      what I was originally thinking of doing was to first remove the existing (original) container (using set field to be "", or clear field, or cut) along with a goto field OR commit record and then inserting the new file.  but for some odd reason, this doesn’t seem to work.  The file names keep incrementing.
      How can I clear the existing container data before I insert a new file into the container?
      Thank you!
    • By Justin Close
      In FMP 13.02 FileMaker apparently fixed the FMP URL for the desktop client, such that it could be used to make a call to the same/local/self file.  So I would have a web viewer in a solution and it would use an "fmp://web.address/dbname..." URL that would reference itself, the file that was currently open.

I found some references to how to do this, but for some reason things aren't working for me.  Apparently, if you are on a non-mobile platform, you need to use "$" as the IP address to reference the local file.  E.g. "fmp://web.address/dbname.fmp12?script=AScriptName&$var1=1234&$var2=abcd".  This would make the database essentially accept AJAX calls.  (Although an unanswered question for me is how does the response or data get back to the web viewer.  But for now, I just want to register event that trigger sending new data into the DB.)

Here's the code I am using for my web viewer definition.  The short description is that I am trying to integrate Full Calendar into a web viewer in a solution.  I am trying to configure the onDrag event so that when an event is modified it sends the new date range back to the DB.

Let ( [     _IPDestination = If ( Left(Get(FilePath);7) = "fmnet:/"; Get ( HostIPAddress ) ; "$" ) ;     _fmpURLString = "fmp://" & _IPDestination & "/" & Get(FileName) & ".fmp12" ;     _fmScript1 = "?script=FullCalendarChangeDate";     $CurrDate = "2015/7/01"         //hardcoding for testing purposes ]; "data:text/html, <!DOCTYPE html> <html><head><meta charset='utf-8' /> <link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href=''/> <script src=''></script> <script src=''></script> <script src=''></script> <script>     $(document).ready(function() {         var   httpXHR, fmpurl ;         $('#calendar').fullCalendar({             defaultDate: '" & $CurrDate & "',             editable: true,             allDayDefault: true,             eventStartEditable: true,             eventDurationEditable: true,             dayClick: function() {                 alert('a day has been clicked!');             },             eventDrop: function(event, delta, revertFunc) {                 if (!confirm(event.title + ' was dropped on ' + event.start.format() + '.nAre you sure?')) {                     revertFunc();                 }             },             eventResize: function(event, delta, revertFunc) {                 if (!confirm(event.title + ' end is now ' + ( event.end.format() ) + '.nnIs this okay?')) {                     revertFunc();                 } else {                     fmpurl = '" & _fmpURLString & _fmScript1 & "&$eventid=' + + '&$newEndDate=' + event.end ;                     httpXHR = new XMLHttpRequest();                       "GET", fmpurl, true);                 }             },             events:  [                 {                     id: 1,                     title: "Project 1",                     start: "7/1/2015",                     end: "7/3/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 2,                     title: "Project 2",                     start: "7/3/2015",                     end: "7/7/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 3,                     title: "Project 3",                     start: "7/7/2015",                     end: "7/7/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 4,                     title: "Project 4",                     start: "7/7/2015",                     end: "7/11/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 5,                     title: "Project 5",                     start: "7/14/2015",                     end: "7/16/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 6,                     title: "Project 6",                     start: "6/18/2015",                     end: "7/3/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 7,                     title: "Project 7",                     start: "7/30/2015",                     end: "8/15/2015"                 },                 {                     id: 15,                     title: "Project 15",                     start: "6/08/2015",                     end: "6/19/2015"                 }             ]         });             }); </script> <style>     body {         margin: 0;         padding: 0;         font-family: "Lucida Grande",Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,sans-serif;         font-size: 14px;     }     #calendar {         width: 900px;         margin: 40px auto;     } </style></head> <body>     <div id='calendar'></div> </body> </html> " )

In the middle of that you will see these three lines, where I am trying to make that call back to the local file from the webviewer:

fmpurl = '" & _fmpURLString & _fmScript1 & "&$eventid=' + + '&$newEndDate=' + event.end ;
                  httpXHR = new XMLHttpRequest();            
        "GET", fmpurl, true);

Any one have experience achieving this?  Todd Geist's Watermark module uses this technique but I can't seem to extract that functionality for my own purposes here. 

-- Justin

• By Rick Whitelaw
      I'm missing something here.i received an email from FMI about the latest update and followed the links etc. I run FMS with SSL turned on. The default certificate is used I assume. Now it seems the cert is only good for testing. Has this always been the case? Ami to assume that I must now purchase a third party certificate to use SSL effectively?