Sign in to follow this  
Ziphius

Chart not plotting all records

Is there any reason that my chart will only display up to a certain number of records? I'm trying to plot GPS tracks and I have 21,000 records that represent 8 surveys. When plotting only found sets by survey, the chart still seems to only display up to a certain number of records. When I export the records into Excel and plot, all records get plotted without a problem. I'm using Filemaker Pro 13 Advanced on a Windows machine.

Thanks.

Well, I don't know what you are seeing, and I don't think I have the patience to count to 3035 - but it looks roughly correct to me (checked in FM13and FM15)

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 10.15.31 am.png

Edited by webko

Aahhh... Yes, it doesn't plot all in FM13 - it seems to in 14 and 15 for exactly the same file.... Attached is from FM15.

I don't know if there was a limit on data points for charting in 13 - I can't find anything that says there is....

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.56.26 am.png

Aahhhh, look's like I need to upgrade, thank you sir!

Edited by Ziphius

If by chance you know of an easy way to plot those tracks in Google Maps in a Webviewer, that would be sweet but I realize this question may not fall under the purview of "charting".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Agentshevy
      I am trying to chart data using the session model file from Tom Geist, the chart on the file is supposed to display Sales from the current month, with respect to the status of the sales. (Closed and Open). However, the chart is not actually displaying correctly. I am trying to implement the session model on my database, but this issue of the chart not displaying the accurate data is posing a problem. From the records in the file, the sales have more Open sales than Closed ones, also the current sales for the month of february has no closed sales. . 
      Please can someone assist me .. thanks

SessionModel.fmp12
    • By Stu412
      Hi there
      I'm trying to put together a couple of A4 landscape layouts which would show a total of 4 line charts on each, therefore each chart needs to be the same size.
      The data being presented in each chart is percentage data which is pre-calculated, so it's easy to plot onto the chart, the problem is with the crazy spacing that FM assigns to the Y-axis.]#
      I initially created the chart with min and max values of 0 and 100 respectively, but when I resized the chart, it shows (useless) values on the scale such as 16%, 26%, 42% etc.
      Whatever size I choose, I want it to show 0,10,20,30 etc.
      Can FM manage this?
      Secondly, some data series lines look very flat when viewed on a 0-100 scale, so instead I can narrow the scale to say, 40-60 (which I know is where the majority of the data points for that series lay).  Once again I'm faced with the same problem when the highest value on the chart is like, 58%.
      Instead, I'd like it to perhaps go 40,45, 50, 55, 60 or whatever suits.
      Can FM manage this?
      I'm aware the charting function is limited, but surely you must be able to manually set a scale?
      Thanks

• By Jason H
      I'm trying to create a Pie chart that shows how many "Yes" and how many "No" responses I have in my data.
      The value of Yes or No is in ONE field across 72 records

When I make the chart I get 72 slices (there are 72 records).

I appears that I need to summarize the data to have two totals: Yes's and No's.
      I tried to make a Summary field to do this but how do I express 2 different values?

I wrote a script that totals the Yes and the No values into two global variable but I can't assign two values to the Pie chart.

I'm missing something easy here....Help !

Jason
    • By kbeiderman
      Hello, I have been given a project to create pie charts for a co-worker. We are in a K-8 school where she wants to chart her teacher observations and show her staff the data from the observations. So, for instance she wants to see how many 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s she is giving for each of her indicators of teacher effectiveness. Therefore, the table we have set up has a record for each teacher and then 24 different indicators. Ideally, we will end up with 24 different pie charts which will show the frequency of which my co-worker assigns each number from the rubric.

Now, here's my problem. The pie charts not combining like numbers. For example, one indicator "Engages students in learning" has the following frequencies: 
      score of 5:  0 teachers
      score of 4:   1 teacher
      score of 3:   2 teachers
      score of 2:  2 teachers
      score of 1:  0 teachers
      score of 0:  0 teachers

I would expect the pie chart to have combined the frequency of scores so a score of 4 would be 20% of the pie, a score of 3 would be 40% and and a score of 2 would be 40%. I would then want it to adjust as more teachers get records.  However, this is not what is happening. Instead I have a score of 4= 29%, 3=21%, 3= 21%, 2= 14%. 2=14%.

I have done some searching on this forum and others and saw something about sorting, but the problem is that each indicator (field) has its own chart, so I do not think I could keep a sort in tact and not affect the other charts.

My co-worker who is using this database has no tech background at all and this needs to be fully automated for her use. I am using Filemaker Pro 12 and am relatively new to this, especially charts. I will take any advice you may have to offer. I am having trouble attaching a copy of my DB to this. I don't know why. Thank you! Kim

• By adn
      I'm trying to make a simple chart to show the number of records (executesql count(*) )present with data in y for each record in x (which is a date). The problem is the chart only shows the count for the first record.

How do I get the the calculation in the y-axis to be done for each record in the x-axis?

Code:
      x-axis:
      ExecuteSQL ( "select distinct Event_Date from Log order by Event_Date asc" ; "" ; "") y-axis:

ExecuteSQL("select count("An Event") from Log where Event_Date = ?"; "";"" ;Log::Event_Date) Using delimited data, data source

Thanks for your help  
  • Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    RadioSaigon  bcooney  mvoogt 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.