This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am creating an app for a conference. Each seminar is assigned a code -- such as 101, 102, 103, etc. -- and the app will automatically create signage and displays for us. One of the services I want to provide is to tell people not only what seminar takes place right now, but which seminar will be *next up* in a particular ballroom. I have created a field called Next, into which we would enter the code for the seminar that takes place next, but that's as far as I have gotten. How do I automatically gather the information?

For instance, let's say that Seminar 101 is entitled "How to Think," and is being led by John. Next up in that room is Seminar 103, entitled "How to be Great," led by Jane. I want to create a calculated field that would be part of 101's record that would automatically pick up title and speaker from 103's record.

How would I do that??

I would suggest you define a self-join relationship of the Seminars table, and show the next item (or several next items) from there. You did not say which fields you have, but as an example you could define the relationship as:

Seminars::Room = Seminars 2::Room
AND
Seminars::Date = Seminars 2::Date
AND
Seminars::Time < Seminars 2::Time

and sort the records on the Seminars 2 side by Time, ascending.

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.