Un able to Export Reocrds as fmp12

This topic is 2502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Has anyone else found that you are unable to export .fmp12 records from FM 16? I use this step in many scripts and the first machine I upgraded ( out of 48 ) I get the "unable to save file" error every time. FM 15 works, FM 16 fails on the same DB, same table, same record set. I can't even export manually.

I made a screen movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOGcm4bt86o

Change the file options, but remember any of v16 "New to this release" will not work.

File >> File Options >> Open 

1 hour ago, Kevin Groder said:

export .fmp12

BTW, all files made in v12 through v16 have the file extension of .fmp12

Click this dropdown option and change it to your other version.

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help%2Ffile-options.html

FileOptions.png

As I stated above, if you use one of the Features introduced in FileMaker 16 it will NOT be available in say version 15 (14, 13, 12).

Yes, I tried using no extension and letting FM add it and I tried adding the .fmp12 extension. I didn't bother to record all that. I've also checked disk and user permissions. I am convinced it is something in the new v16 because, as the video shows, v15 works just fine. FM Tech hasn't been much help.

Just some further clarification per Lee's suggestion:

I upgraded to FMS 16. This was smooth fast and simple, though I am struggling a bit with installing a wildcard SSL Cert, but that' another story for another day.
Most of my network is running PCs and all of those are Win 7. I have a handful of Mac clients but they all work fine with this exporting issue... it's only the Win 7 machines having this issue.

My personal workstation used for development and such is a late generation Macbook Pro running Sierra and Parallels Desktop for Windows development/testing.

Thank you all for you help.

Have you tried exporting to a different location? Desktop might have a security issue.

Yes it's best to eliminate as many variables as possible. Have you tried exporting from a local (non-hosted) file?

Problem solved... it was unknowingly self inflicted.

I use Assisted Install and had set NONEWDATABASES=1, thinking this was only related to File>New Solution... it didn’t occur to me that this extended to Export records, which, of course, it does, since export creates a new fmp12 file.

I’ve adjust the assisted install parameters and reinstalled… all is well.

Thanks for your help. Maybe my error will help someone else who has made the same assumption.

This topic is 2502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.