Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSP in a multi company environment.

This topic is 2509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi to everyone,

I had left FMPro in the dust for many years until I discovered FM Starting Point. This free solution made me fall in love again with databases. So, I big shout out to the RCC developers.

My question: Do I need to create a "Locations" table to be able to set up multiple branches of a company? This solution would run on he Cloud or a server. I could move the "My Company" information in the "Preferences" table to the "Locations" table so each branch could use its own set of address. Is this the right approach? Thank you.

Hi Pat,

Thats one of the greatest things someone has ever said to us.   Yes, a separate location table would be needed.   You would create a new Anchor/Buoy for that new section.
So you create a Data Entry and List view layout for this new table.  Once this is done you can attach project, invoices, contact, etc...to a specific location.

Don't create multiple preference records.  The whole system assumes there is ONLY on preference record...EVER.  

So yes, build out the new table.  If you want more prompt support or advice... email us at 

[email protected]

All the best,
Richard Carlton

• Newbies

Thank you Richard. I think I got it and should be able to handle it. I am playing with some new UI design idea for a small company (sample below). Still a lot to learn but "reverse engineering" has been my tutor. Cheers.593f45e5d11f0_ScreenShot2017-06-12at9_53_53PM.thumb.png.a02ee865f0ceaf5a2d24f4d113cf0e7d.png593f41fb42dfc_ScreenShot2017-06-12at9_36_55PM.thumb.png.e6635f5ee88f338ec9e9894fd1f3c63b.png593f41ff616e0_ScreenShot2017-06-12at9_37_22PM.thumb.png.8884ff298e3445a4a030afe8ef7a8e6d.png

This topic is 2509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.