Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CVL three levels challenge - looking for a hero

vajayhawk

This topic is 4090 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Looking for a hero. I have searched for an answer to this online and if one already exists, please point me to it. Otherwise, I'm hoping there's a FMrock star out there capable of identifying what I'm doing wrong. Am trying to create three levels for conditional value lists to identify the location of assets. Consider this a library inventory sytsem that tracks: multiple locations where items are held, multiple aisles within each location, and multiple shelves on each aisle.

The goal is to enable users to enter an asset record and select from a value list of LOCATIONS. That's a straightforward list from the LOCATIONS table. Works fine.

Next the user should be able to select from a value list of AISLES contained within that location, as defined in the related AISLES table. That, too, works through a value list relationship that filters by id_location to only display related aisles in the value list. Works fine. So far so good.

Lastly, the user should be able to select from a value list of SHELVES contained within that aisle, as defined in the related SHELVES table. This is where my conditional value list logic breaks down. The value list displays numerous shelves, but not the records related to the AISLE record selected in the AISLES value list above.

As perplexing is that when I add a portal to the layout for data entry of the locations, aisles and shelves themselves, the relationships hold up and the layouts function correctly. It's only when I try to take that data and present it as individual value lists during data entry of assets in that layout that the third value list doesn't work, though the first two value lists do work.

File with this problem is attached. Looking for a hero to tell me where I went wrong.

CVLTest2.zip

This topic is 4090 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.