Sign in to follow this  
Rob532

Estimates - supplier

Why is in estimates a tab with supplier. Supplier of what? Supplier of the products in the estimates-lines? But when you offer different products from different suppliers?

Or is it the information about the transport company or post like UPS?

Hi Rob532,

The Supplier can be anything you like...as it is not connected to anything else.   BUT... we originally put it in there to provide information on who supplied the item in the estimate to you.

So if you are a Reseller of Firearms... for example... and you needed to provide the Los Angeles Police Dept with a Quote for a new Pistol.   The "supplier fields" might be Glock of Symerna Georgia.  LOL. :-)

Or something like that.

In some businesses...however... the supplier might change on a line...by line basis...so the design of the database would need to be updated to fit that need.

- Richard

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bwinger
      Hi there, 
      Would really like to be able to automatically add Invoice and Estimate information into the Calendar view when a new Invoice or Estimate is created, is this possible?  Struggling to find out how the Tasks get added and thought it would be a matter of adjusting a script or calculation. 
      Any ideas?  
      Thanks
    • By NewBoard
      I am currently working on a database that will score our company's suppliers.

I have one table that contains all contact information for the suppliers (Suppliers), and another related table that contains the actual score entries (Scorecards). Suppliers are scored on pieces shipped on time and quality reports. We only ever send a scorecard to suppliers based on information from the current year, so I have a field in the Scorecards table for year. The layout I am working with is based on the Suppliers table, with a portal displaying the related entries from Scorecards in the specified year.

Now, where I'm running into trouble is my attempt to retrieve a total for Shipped pieces for a specific Supplier in a Specific year. In other words, how do I get FMP to take many related records, and sum only related records based on data in a third field?
    • By PatDes
      Hi to everyone,
      I had left FMPro in the dust for many years until I discovered FM Starting Point. This free solution made me fall in love again with databases. So, I big shout out to the RCC developers.
      My question: Do I need to create a "Locations" table to be able to set up multiple branches of a company? This solution would run on he Cloud or a server. I could move the "My Company" information in the "Preferences" table to the "Locations" table so each branch could use its own set of address. Is this the right approach? Thank you.
    • By Ben Moore
      Often we have to revise estimates for a customer, and they may come back and order against an estimate that is not the most recent. I am trying to find the best way to tie all the estimates together with the same Estimate or Job #, and increment a revision #. So far I've created a Job# field, and a Revision number field, but having trouble getting the revision number and job number to increment correctly when I have a new estimate vs a revision.  Any suggestions?
    • By bioplasma
      I would like to start by thanking the developers for such a wonderful solution. Our organization has been successfully adapted FM starting point to our current needs.
      However one of the biggest challenges we have right now comes from having the invoices and Estimates List more than 18 items when they print. I have read in another discussion that was solution for it however I wasn't able to truly grasp the meaning of it. Any help I could get to solve this would be truly appreciated.
      Thank you.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    anteas 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.