Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone have experience using FM11 with SQL2012? I successfully established an ODBC connection between our FileMaker 11 Server database and a SQL 2012 database. I now have a live connection allowing us to exchange data between tables. However since FileMaker does not specify support for SQL 2012 should we be concerned with utilizing this connection? Please advise!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Scott Pon
      Using MS Access 2010. Filemaker 13 Pro, Filemaker 13 Server.
      I have a MS Access database that that I programmed to do a lot of calculations and creates data. Now I want that data saved in a Filemaker database.  I was able to create ODBC connection to the Filemaker database.  I am able to view the Filemaker tables/data in MS Access.  
      At 8AM daily I want the Access database to do the calculations, and then insert the data to Filemaker . However every time I try this, the Filemaker Login Screen comes up.  And I would have to manually enter the username and password.
      Is there any way to bypass the log on screen?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By trevix
      On windows 7 (VMware on OSX), using FMP17 and Microsoft Access 2016
      Trying to do a ODBC import and selecting the datasource, I get asked for Username and password, even if the Access DB is not password protected.
      The data sources are correct (tested from Livecode) and should be working without user name and password.
      On the properties of the ODBC pane setup the path seems correct (not pointing to 32): %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
      What am I missing?
    • By PCIPal
      San Diego, CA – November 9, 2018 - Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, is proud to announce a new Maintenance Support Program for FileMaker users.
      This program is intended to provide FileMaker customers a low-cost alternative to time and materials billing when performing “fix it” type programming and regular maintenance on their systems. 

Support plans are designed to improve the performance of a FileMaker app by fixing nagging issues that users create workarounds for, reducing the costs associated with upgrading from one version of FileMaker to the next, providing a means to clean up and modernize legacy code, improving a solution’s user interface, and regularly meeting with and getting advice from a certified FileMaker development team.

This program allows its users unlimited access to FileMaker experts without worrying about the bill.
      Productive Computing’s FileMaker Support Program includes:
      Unlimited support on small development and support requests Unlimited support on FileMaker Pro usage/training Free consulting sessions on programming best practices and workflow recommendations Free Health Assessment ($1,000 value) One free subscription to Productive Computing University ($149/yr value) Annual customer workflow audit, FileMaker new features overview, and system recommendation report "We just completed a massive upgrade in our FileMaker system and, now that we’re on the maintenance program, we’re able to reduce ongoing costs for any remaining open issues as a result of the deployment. The maintenance program has unquestionably delivered a tremendous value for an affordable price." Alana W., 25 Users, Historic and Fine Art Industry Representatives

Clients who also purchase their FileMaker licensing through Productive Computing will be provided with the following services at no additional charge:
      Discounted hourly billing rates for larger custom development projects Unlimited FileMaker Pro client and server installation support Unlimited SSL Certificate installation for security of FileMaker Server Unlimited support on issues related to FileMaker upgrades and conversions This support program is designed for customers who: 
      Are considering making changes to their system but are concerned about the cost Have recently invested in major custom development to expand their solution’s functionality  Would like to have an on-call FileMaker support resource who knows and cares about their business and specific workflow Like programming themselves but occasionally need a little bit of help or advice Are interested in outsourcing their FileMaker development to free up staff time Do not have an internal employee maintaining their system  Value annual system checkups and would benefit from regular service to keep their solution working at maximum efficiency Are interested in continuing to improve their system and business processes Want to capitalize on FileMaker’s newest features to benefit their company Productive Computing’s FileMaker Maintenance Support Program is available for $200/mo for up to five users, additional users can be added for $40/mo. For more information on plan details and restrictions please visit https://www.productivecomputing.com/filemaker-maintenance-support-program/.
    • By jchallenw
      Does anyone have experience and/or success using a 4D database as an external datasource through ODBC. I can add the system DSN and add it to FMP. Once I attempt to view the tables in the 4D database, I receive an error that the "ODBC connection is not compatible". Does anyone have a work around or suggestions? Thanks!
    • By Christopher Gauntt
      Hello all,
      I installed FileMaker Pro ODBC drivers, and was able to access the data with queries from Microsoft Excel.
      However, when I tried to access the same data with the same driver using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, it could see the table occurrences, but it couldn't find any of the data columns.  It came back with the following error:
      " Error at Data Flow Task [ODBC Source [1]]: There was an error while trying to get schema information. Table has no columns."
      I got the same error, no matter which table occurrence I selected.
      Has anyone else run into this and solved it?
      I have been google searching without much luck.  Although I found one post of someone who claimed they were able to do it with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, so maybe an upgrade is in order?
      Thanks in advance,
      Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.