Sign in to follow this  
Ponderosa

Looked Up Info

I have a set of tables that pull information into a separate table (Table A) , to populate it and prevent user data entry that is incorrect. What I'm trying to do with field A (Table A) is filter records (from Table B ) through field B (also Table A) and then choose from the remaining records by a range of two fields in Table B of a minimum number and a maximum number. If field C (the number field in Table A) is equal to or between the min and max, then a field from the same record in Table B fills in field A, Table A.

Edited by Ponderosa

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nsdodgers
      Hello, I have a number field where I want the user to be able to enter things like:
      42 (only item 42) 12+82 (only items 12 and 82) 1-5 (items 1 through 5) 31,33,35,37 (only items 31,33,35,37) So I am need of a way for filemaker to deal with the operators '+' '-' and ','
      Do you have any advice on how I can separate out the item numbers?
      Thanks!
    • By dkey
      Hello
      I have 2 DB with the following fields
      VIDEO:     CLIPNAME, RECORDED_DATE, and other fields not relevant to my question
      AUDIO:     SOUNDFILE, RECORDED_DATE  etc
      Unfortunately the recorded dates are different and so are the names.
      I need to link the two db and I hope to find a way to relate the two files so that the RECORDED_DATE in the VIDEO file will tell me what is the SOUNDFILE recorded in the other DB
      I tried to add a STARTDATE and ENDDATE to the AUDIO db to get a range of times so the VIDEO file could give me the Video FileNames recorded during the selected timestamp range
      Here I add samples of the two files to make it easier for anyone willing to help
      There are a few more records in the VIDEO files but this is normal while filming
      VIDEO.fmp12
      Audio.fmp12

Thanks a lot for any help and regards
    • By Quito
      Hi,
      I want to create a Dropdown List of numeric options to select a range of records.  For example, the Dropdown list would contain:
      -------
      edit...
      Each option would select the next 5;10;20;50 or 100 records to the right.  A Checkbox would be populated (with an X) in the selected number of contiguous records; Then, a Find Selected Checkboxes would return the selected records.  The contiguous selection should be independent of whatever the current state of Found (Sorted/Unsorted) is.
      Any help will be gratefully acknowledged.
      Best,
      Daniel

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    adyf 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.