Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMpro Go running 24x7

This topic is 2248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We need to run a FMpro Go 24x7 on iPad, connected to FMserver. Let's say the screen shows sign in / sing out information of employees. 

What happens no, that after a certain period of time, the fmpro go clients get disconnected "Host is not longer responding, do you want to reconnect?" 
Server (FMS 16) is up, energy saver settings all set to 24x7 running, fmreauthenticate set to 0. 

Anyone can assist is having the go client running 24x7 even if there is no interactivity at the iPad?

I have done exactly this, although using Windows tablets. You need to think differently...

As you discovered FMServer will disconnect, so you need a solution that does not need to maintain a permanent connection to FMS.

1. Run a local datafile on iPad to collect the sign ins.

2. Connect to FMS only when you have some data to send - maybe as soon as employee has signed in, OR,

3. Connect to FMS using an OnTimer script - maybe every 5 minutes so the iPad doesn't stop users signing in immediately after the last employee.

4. If the connect to FMS fails then error trap and just wait to have another go.

In my solution I refined the sign in so that OnTimer script was removed whilst signing in to prevent connection to FMS, then restart OnTimer once sign in complete. I have this working in a 200 employee company spread across 3 main building and 6 sign in tablets and there is high demand at shift starts/ends. The tablets are working 24x7 and are resilient to network failures and server offline events. They even run during power outs as the tablet are all battery powered.

It can be done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 2248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.