Sign in to follow this  
OviOne

BaseElements Plugin: e-mails not showing date with BE_SMTP_Send

Hello everyone,

I've been having this problem for quite a long time now and I need help because I'm stuck. I had to switch from default SMTP send function to BaseElements plugin in the solution of my Company because of some issues and advanced functions we needed.

Now every e-mail which is sent from the server with BE_SMTP_Send is received without any date on it.

The server machine is running Windows Server 2016 and FMS 16.

These are the script steps I'm using and they're working fine except for the mentioned problem:

Set Variable [$send_m; Value: BE_SMTP_Server ($out_server; $out_port; $address; $pass)]

Set Variable [$send_m; Value: BE_SMTP_Send ( $address; List("email1@email.es"; "email2@email.es"); "Subjetc of the e-mail" ;

"Text of the e-mail"& ¶ & ¶ &

"Greetings")

These are the info pages about the two functions:

I hope somebody could enlighten me a little bit. Thank you in advance.

Hi OviOne

Did you get an answer to this issue?

We have something similar using FileMaker Server 17 on a Windows 2016 server.

When I send an email using the BE_Plugin from FileMaker Server, the date sent in the email is incorrect. It has stuck on a date about 6 weeks ago and is never the current date/time. Although, I just today toggled the plugin off and on again through the server console and the date is almost current, just not adjusted for local (Sydney) time.

So the time sent is as follows:

Using BE Plugin on FMS
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 02:42:23 +1100

Using native Send Mail on FMS
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 13:42:24 +1100 - This is the correct time

When the same script is triggered using the BE_Plugin on a client (FileMaker Pro Advanced 17) we have no issue - the date is correct.

I have no idea where the plugin is getting this date as it interacts with the SMTP server. It is not a parameter specified when using the BE_SMTP_Send function.

Phillip Gageler

Hello PGageler:

No, I never got an answer and I never could look for any walkarounds due to lack of enough free time for it. So I'm still living with the issue...

Anyway I will try to restart the plugin from the server console as you said and see what happens. I'm out for vacation but as soon as I'm back, I'll tell you the results.

Thank you, we'll keep in touch.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By daveinc
      Hi,
      I have a performance conundrum that I have not been able to figure out for the past month and a half or so and am looking here for some guidance. 
      We have a 9-year old FM system that we run our entire Production operation on. We have approximately 150 users in 9 locations across the US and Canada for this solution.
      We have a Windows Server 2012 VM with 14 CPU Cores, 60GB RAM, and an SSD Array SAN that we run our Production Server on. We have separate Drives configured for the Operating System and Data. All users not in the facility housing the server use Remote Desktop to access the system.
      The design of this system is not optimal for performance, but it has been running very well for the last 2 years (until early February 2020).
      In early February, it began to stall no matter what we did when we had more than 120 users or so connected and working normally.
      We identified several severely taxing actions, mainly Finds on related tables with millions of records, and eliminated those. No luck.
      We added unnecessary extra CPUs, RAM, and Disk space to no avail.
      We created a completely new VM with a fresh install of FM Server 16. No love.
      Finally in desperation, we moved the server to older, slower hardware with non-SSD hard drive array and voila! the system works fine again.
      This older VM is similar in every other way: Windows Server 2012, 14(slower) CPU Cores, 60GB(slower)RAM, FastSCSI Disk Array.
      As an anti-bonus, in thinking this would be temporary, we have both the OS and the Data on a single C drive on this older hardware.
      It works splendidly on this lesser setup.
      We had all variety of hardware experts in to make sure the newer/faster setup was performing correctly. We updated all firmware and restarted the whole setup. 
      All benchmark tests show the newer system to be considerably faster in all phases, especially Disk.
      We have no problems with any other VMs on this newer/faster setup(including some less intensive Filemaker Servers).
      The one thing that occurs on the newer/faster machine that DOES NOT happen on the older/slower one, is that it stalls and the Disk is consumed by writing tons of data to FMTEMPFM* files for an extended period of time while there is no increase in data being written to the .fmp12 files.
      This particular FM Server and dataset is the only one that this happens to. We have two other FM Servers on there that have 200 plus users 24 hours a day and nary an issue.
      Does anyone know what is happening when the Disk Monitor shows the System Process is writing tons of data to FMTEMPFM files and not writing any more data than normal to the .fmp12 files?
      Thanks in advance for any guidance.
      Dave

• By DPaquin
      When opining the FMS localhost I try to enable the ScriptMaster Plugin. 
      For some reason I click to enable the plugin, I sometime been able to click on save sometime..
      However, each time I close the host reopen the FMS localhost, the plugin is ALWAYS disabled.
      Would someone have an idea?
      With regards!
      Daniel

• By DPaquin
      When opining the FMS localhost I try to enable the ScriptMaster Plugin. 
      For some reason I click to enable the plugin, I sometime able to click on save sometime not able.
      However, each time I go back to the FMS localhost the plugin is ALWAYS disabled.
      Would someone have an idea?
      With regards!
      Daniel

• By Will_Logic
      Hi, I am using the Base Elements plugin Execute SQL command to select SQL on a table in another FileMaker file. For a file with many fields and quite a lot data in some fields, this times as about 1 minute just for SQL SELECT command for 1,000 rows. I haven't used MBS (monkeybread software) plugin yet, but I wonder if anyone knows if it is significantly faster?
      I.e. BE_FileMakerSQL vs. MBS(FM.SQL.Execute..) - is one significantly faster?
      Here's the code to select 1,000 rows for reference, $timer_seconds comes as about 60 seconds here. If I export same table internally in FileMaker using the menu export to Excel, it takes 29 minutes for all 41,000 rows, so timing seems similar for the Base Elements SQL. (NB there is some flag going on here in the FileMaker database so internal export gets 41,000 rows but script SQL SELECT COUNT(*) gets 200,000 rows for same table, but I don't think that is relevant to my question).

Set Variable [$time1; Value: Get(CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds)] Set Variable [$part_ca; Value: BE_FileMakerSQL ( "SELECT * FROM Contact_ACTIVITY OFFSET 100000 ROWS FETCH FIRST 1000 ROWS ONLY" ; "&≠≠&" ; "EOR≠≠EOR" ; "DataContacts11" )] Set Variable [$timer_seconds; Value: (Get(CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds) - $time1) / 1000] MBS command I think would be something like:
      MBS( "FM.SQL.Execute"; "DataContacts11"; "SELECT * FROM Contact_ACTIVITY OFFSET 100000 ROWS FETCH FIRST 1000 ROWS ONLY" ; ...delimiters here I'm assuming.. ) We only have base FileMaker here on machine I am using, which can run the Base Elements plugin, but to run MBS plugin, needs FileMaker Pro Advanced to install it I think, am getting several databases in roughly same FM format where script workspace disabled, hence need to use SQL select run from script in my own external FileMaker file. Might consider getting FMP Pro Advanced if MBS is faster.
      Tx any suggestions!
    • By Richmilnix
      What's the latest version of FMP / FMPA that gets along well w FMS16?
      I'm in a workplace where I have access to version upgrades, but we're working with files hosted on Server v16.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

11 members have viewed this topic:
    bac mac  comment  org  sicarii  Matt Cudmore  JerrySalem  惠生  Pavlk  docasar  doughemi  Lee Smith 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.