Server Maintenance This Week. ×

BaseElements Plugin: e-mails not showing date with BE_SMTP_Send

This topic is 2018 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone,

I've been having this problem for quite a long time now and I need help because I'm stuck. I had to switch from default SMTP send function to BaseElements plugin in the solution of my Company because of some issues and advanced functions we needed.

Now every e-mail which is sent from the server with BE_SMTP_Send is received without any date on it.

The server machine is running Windows Server 2016 and FMS 16.

These are the script steps I'm using and they're working fine except for the mentioned problem:

Set Variable [$send_m; Value: BE_SMTP_Server ($out_server; $out_port; $address; $pass)]

Set Variable [$send_m; Value: BE_SMTP_Send ( $address; List("[email protected]"; "[email protected]"); "Subjetc of the e-mail" ;

"Text of the e-mail"& ¶ & ¶ &

"Greetings")

These are the info pages about the two functions:

I hope somebody could enlighten me a little bit. Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...

Hi OviOne

Did you get an answer to this issue?

We have something similar using FileMaker Server 17 on a Windows 2016 server.

When I send an email using the BE_Plugin from FileMaker Server, the date sent in the email is incorrect. It has stuck on a date about 6 weeks ago and is never the current date/time. Although, I just today toggled the plugin off and on again through the server console and the date is almost current, just not adjusted for local (Sydney) time.

So the time sent is as follows:

Using BE Plugin on FMS
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 02:42:23 +1100

Using native Send Mail on FMS
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 13:42:24 +1100 - This is the correct time

When the same script is triggered using the BE_Plugin on a client (FileMaker Pro Advanced 17) we have no issue - the date is correct.

I have no idea where the plugin is getting this date as it interacts with the SMTP server. It is not a parameter specified when using the BE_SMTP_Send function.

Phillip Gageler

• Newbies

Hello PGageler:

No, I never got an answer and I never could look for any walkarounds due to lack of enough free time for it. So I'm still living with the issue...

Anyway I will try to restart the plugin from the server console as you said and see what happens. I'm out for vacation but as soon as I'm back, I'll tell you the results.

Thank you, we'll keep in touch.

This topic is 2018 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.