Sign in to follow this  
JH Howland

Send Mail will not allow two (2) attachments

Filemaker Pro Adv 12 running under Windows 10.

Trying to "Send Mail" with two (2) attachments.  The specified attachment files are defined as $Path1 (from_map.png) and $Path2 (to_map.png).  Both files are located at C:/Users/{user id}/AppData/Local/Temp/S<n>.

The Specified files are entered as:
$PATH1
$PATH2

However, when Send Mail is activated only $PATH1 is shown as an attachment.

Can't seem to get past this problem, help please.

Hi There

The ability to send mail with two attachments was added in FileMaker 17, up to that point you can only send one attachment with FM's built-in script steps.

You may be able to use a plug-in (MonkeyBreadSoftware or BaseElements) to send multiple attachment in FileMaker 12.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Answers
      We have a script that emails automatically, it uses the send mail by SMTP, we would like the logo in jpeg format to be embedded. The script is trigger when the status changes, so the SMTP is the best solution.
      Maybe I am missing something but I cannot see how to do this, we don't want to have to use a plugin. The body of the email is basically a calculation putting together fields based on the customer. Attaching the logo does not produce the desired result. There must be a work around...
      Thank you in advance!
      Caroline
    • By candell
      FYI I tried to add this to the Filemaker community page but don't think it worked hence adding here also.
      I have been tasked with creating a website for a charity, part of the website will be a searchable archive of all of their historic data. This data is stored in Filemaker Pro 12 on the historians machine.
      He has provided me with 4 .fmp12 files, I downloaded a trial version that I found here http://www.filemaker.com/redirects/ss.html?file=PRO12MAC however none of his files will open.
      The website runs on Wordpress which is php based, the database is a maria database although I am happy to use whatever method I need to get this data on to the website and searchable.
      I was expecting to open the files in the trial version, export as csv and create and import in to the maria database.
      Is this possible with filemaker, do you think I would be better downloading a trial of the latest version, will his files open ok in the latest version?
      Unfortunately I have no experience of filemaker so am struggling a little.
      Thanks for any advice anyone may be able to provide.
    • By Kishan_Canoo
      I would like to have options to enter either fields (selling price or margin) and the other should be automatically calculated for instance:

Cost Price = 100 (Available)
           Sell Price  =  Calculation field or ?? Input amount
           Margin     =  Calculation field or ?? Input percentage

If i put 160 on sell price it should automatically put 37.5% in margin or if i put 37.5% in margin field it should automatically fill sell price for 160.
      File uploaded
      Login name: admin
      No Password: 

Thank you in advanced.
      TEST.fmp12
    • By John Link
      I have FileMaker Pro 12 installed on four computers on my network, and FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 stored on a fifth computer. There is a shared database stored on one of the first four computers. When using the shared database from the fifth computer and I attempt to check any of the checkboxes for the field Events, I see the message shown in the attachment and I am unable to check the checkbox (This behavior occurs only on the fifth computer). If I then do a search, after doing the search I am able to check any of the checkboxes in the previously problematic field. I've restarted the fifth computer and the problematic behavior stills occurs.

Any suggestions?

• By Oyseka
      Hi All,
      Having been shown the bug in 10.11.6 and FMP by bcooney I am setting up the Send Mail script to send via SMTP. This works OK in the Invoice table but I can not get it to work in the Quotes table. There does not appear to be anything in the mail setup script that is capable of creating the error and I have tried three different smtp server addresses with the same result. I have used all three smtp server addresses on the Invoice table as well and they all work. Can anyone assist please.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    JerrySalem 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.