Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationships Work Locally but Not On Server

This topic is 1828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working with a table of 1.5 million records. I am using relationships to isolate records from that table based on multikey fields that contain a list of the IDs that I want to access matched up with the primary key field of that table. There are multiple relationships to access and group the records needed based on a multitude of criteria but in short the problem is this. Those relationships were working until last night when I was working on the system and after a few changes all the relationships to that table based on the primary key field stopped showing any results. Even with the most basic relationship, Multikey field with a list of IDs linked to the primary key field of the target table and still results in no records found. I ran a backup and pulled the backup off the server and opened it on my local computer and the relationships all worked on the locally opened copy.

I suspect an indexing problem but don't understand how the indexing works well enough to know how the same file would work locally but fail on the server?

Took the same file and put it on a development sever that I have set up and the results were the same as on the production server. The relationships did not return any results. So it appears that it is working on my local machine but not working when hosted on either server.

Still baffled by this. Ran a recovery on the file, no corruption detected. I had hoped the process rebuilding the indexes might help. Put the recovered file on my development server and the results were the same. The relationships produce results when opened on my local machine but fail when hosted.

This topic is 1828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.