This topic is 1635 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Stickybeak, 

We are currently still testing our plugins in Catalina so we do not officially support that OS yet. However, this looks like the plugin is not enabled. Can you check ii preferences to see if it is? If it is not, what happens if you try to enable it?

10 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

Hi Stickybeak, 

We are currently still testing our plugins in Catalina so we do not officially support that OS yet. However, this looks like the plugin is not enabled. Can you check ii preferences to see if it is? If it is not, what happens if you try to enable it?

don't think thats the issue

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.03.01.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.03.58.png

We actually did some digging on this yesterday and it looks like GateKeeper in Catalina checks for a developer signature but also looks to see if the software has been notarized so that it can scan it for malicious software. If it hasn't gone through the notarizing process then Catalina will throw this error. We checked all our store builds in FileMaker 18 and they do not have this issue. I have not been able to reproduce the error you are seeing. Perhaps FileMaker lost the reference to the function somehow. Can you create new script steps with Scribe functions? What about if you call the functions as a calculation? Can you add the missing script step back? Are any other script steps/plugin function calls missing from your scripts?

Edited by ryan360Works
missed a word, added a question

I can't even enable the plugin, when I try to activate it in prefs I get this message: "360Works plugins require a 64-bit version of Java 6 or later, which is not installed on this computer. Download Java 6 from http://support.apple.com. Download Java 7+ from http://java.com."

When I check the Java version in the terminal I get this: 

Pauls-Work-iMac:~ paulsimon$ java -version

openjdk version "11.0.4" 2019-07-16

OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.4+11)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.4+11, mixed mode)

When I check using the Java Control Panel I see this: Your system has the recommended version of Java.

Java 8 Update 221.

Addition:

I uninstalled Java completely, then installed the latest Java SE Development Kit 13. When I go to activate the plugin, Filemaker crashes with the error: "To open “FileMaker Pro Advanced” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

Edited by Paul Simon

1 minute ago, Paul Simon said:

"To open “FileMaker Pro Advanced” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

This is indicative of our old framework as these plugins on Mac required Java 6 in order to operate. This Java 6 was provided by Apple for legacy software but I am unaware if it is compatible with Catalina. Make sure you check the 2 (or 3 if you have multiple FMPros installed) Extension folders for FileMaker Pro plugins and remove all 360Works plugins and replace them with the plugins that are currently on our website. On Mac these locations are:

/Applications/<version>/Extensions
/Users/<userName>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro <Advanced>/<version>/Extensions
/Users/<userName>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions

Please note that the 3rd file path will only exist if you have multiple versions of FileMaker installed. If you are not licensed for the versions on our website, you will either need to upgrade your license(s) or you can try to download the Java 6 I am referring to. As far as I can find this is the current Apple Java 6 available. It does not list Mojave nor Catalina as supported but you can try if you'd like.  If those versions do not work after installing Java 6, you will either need to update the plugins or revert your OS in order to use our older plugins.

I am licensed. The linked Apple Java 6 does not work with Catalina. The error generated is: "Java for macOS 2017-001 can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of this package is already installed."

I did remove all instances of the 360Works_Scribe.fmplugin and let FileMaker install it using the How to use Scribe_16+ demo file auto-installer. The installer fails but the plugin is copied to the extensions folder as it should be.

I followed the instructions for "Plugins released on or after May 2017 fail to load" and that made no difference. Neither did manually installing the plugin.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.48.18 AM.png

Looks like there might have been an issue installing the plugin as I don't know what ".extract" is. Delete whatever was installed with the example file and manually install the .fmplugin file inside the extensions folder and try again

You must still have an old plugin installed somewhere or are installing an older plugin as our current plugins do not even use system installed Java. Did you check all 3 installation locations for 360works plugins?

I was just trying different things to see what would happen. I removed all the plugins first, then let them auto-install, which fails in Catalina. I let the auto-install run first thinking it would pull the latest version down in case there was something newer than what I have. 

I recommend deleting every instance of a 360works plugin and downloading the plugin fresh from our website and manually installing it. If you continue to have an issue, you can give us a call at the office at 770-234-9293 and one of support members can screen share to take a look

4 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

I recommend deleting every instance of a 360works plugin and downloading the plugin fresh from our website and manually installing it. If you continue to have an issue, you can give us a call at the office at 770-234-9293 and one of support members can screen share to take a look

this worked for me too - thanks

• Newbies
  1. Quit out of System Preferences
  2. Open the Terminal app and then enter the following command syntax:

sudo spctl --master-disable

1. Hit return and authenticate with an admin password

2. ACTUALLY QUIT AND RELAUNCH System Preferences and go to “Security & Privacy” and the “General” tab

3. You will now see the “Anywhere” option under ‘Allow apps downloaded from:

This should solve your issue

This topic is 1635 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.