Has catalina broken scribe?

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 15.13.02.png

Hi Stickybeak, 

We are currently still testing our plugins in Catalina so we do not officially support that OS yet. However, this looks like the plugin is not enabled. Can you check ii preferences to see if it is? If it is not, what happens if you try to enable it?

10 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

Hi Stickybeak, 

We are currently still testing our plugins in Catalina so we do not officially support that OS yet. However, this looks like the plugin is not enabled. Can you check ii preferences to see if it is? If it is not, what happens if you try to enable it?

don't think thats the issue

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.03.01.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.03.58.png

We actually did some digging on this yesterday and it looks like GateKeeper in Catalina checks for a developer signature but also looks to see if the software has been notarized so that it can scan it for malicious software. If it hasn't gone through the notarizing process then Catalina will throw this error. We checked all our store builds in FileMaker 18 and they do not have this issue. I have not been able to reproduce the error you are seeing. Perhaps FileMaker lost the reference to the function somehow. Can you create new script steps with Scribe functions? What about if you call the functions as a calculation? Can you add the missing script step back? Are any other script steps/plugin function calls missing from your scripts?

Edited by ryan360Works
missed a word, added a question

I can't even enable the plugin, when I try to activate it in prefs I get this message: "360Works plugins require a 64-bit version of Java 6 or later, which is not installed on this computer. Download Java 6 from http://support.apple.com. Download Java 7+ from http://java.com."

When I check the Java version in the terminal I get this: 

Pauls-Work-iMac:~ paulsimon$ java -version

openjdk version "11.0.4" 2019-07-16

OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.4+11)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.4+11, mixed mode)

When I check using the Java Control Panel I see this: Your system has the recommended version of Java.

Java 8 Update 221.

Addition:

I uninstalled Java completely, then installed the latest Java SE Development Kit 13. When I go to activate the plugin, Filemaker crashes with the error: "To open “FileMaker Pro Advanced” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

Edited by Paul Simon

1 minute ago, Paul Simon said:

"To open “FileMaker Pro Advanced” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

This is indicative of our old framework as these plugins on Mac required Java 6 in order to operate. This Java 6 was provided by Apple for legacy software but I am unaware if it is compatible with Catalina. Make sure you check the 2 (or 3 if you have multiple FMPros installed) Extension folders for FileMaker Pro plugins and remove all 360Works plugins and replace them with the plugins that are currently on our website. On Mac these locations are:

/Applications/<version>/Extensions
/Users/<userName>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro <Advanced>/<version>/Extensions
/Users/<userName>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions

Please note that the 3rd file path will only exist if you have multiple versions of FileMaker installed. If you are not licensed for the versions on our website, you will either need to upgrade your license(s) or you can try to download the Java 6 I am referring to. As far as I can find this is the current Apple Java 6 available. It does not list Mojave nor Catalina as supported but you can try if you'd like.  If those versions do not work after installing Java 6, you will either need to update the plugins or revert your OS in order to use our older plugins.

I am licensed. The linked Apple Java 6 does not work with Catalina. The error generated is: "Java for macOS 2017-001 can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of this package is already installed."

I did remove all instances of the 360Works_Scribe.fmplugin and let FileMaker install it using the How to use Scribe_16+ demo file auto-installer. The installer fails but the plugin is copied to the extensions folder as it should be.

I followed the instructions for "Plugins released on or after May 2017 fail to load" and that made no difference. Neither did manually installing the plugin.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.48.18 AM.png

Looks like there might have been an issue installing the plugin as I don't know what ".extract" is. Delete whatever was installed with the example file and manually install the .fmplugin file inside the extensions folder and try again

Already tried that. After manually installing the plugin Filemaker still crashes when trying to load the plugin. This happens on FM 16, 17 & 18. The crash always refers to needing Java 6. 

You must still have an old plugin installed somewhere or are installing an older plugin as our current plugins do not even use system installed Java. Did you check all 3 installation locations for 360works plugins?

I was just trying different things to see what would happen. I removed all the plugins first, then let them auto-install, which fails in Catalina. I let the auto-install run first thinking it would pull the latest version down in case there was something newer than what I have. 

I recommend deleting every instance of a 360works plugin and downloading the plugin fresh from our website and manually installing it. If you continue to have an issue, you can give us a call at the office at 770-234-9293 and one of support members can screen share to take a look

Downloading from the website and then renewing my subscription. That did the trick.

Thanks!

Edited by Paul Simon

4 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

I recommend deleting every instance of a 360works plugin and downloading the plugin fresh from our website and manually installing it. If you continue to have an issue, you can give us a call at the office at 770-234-9293 and one of support members can screen share to take a look

this worked for me too - thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By troi
      Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 18 is compatible with macOS 10.15.
      Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, September 10, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 11.0.2 for FileMaker 18. This is a maintenance update in which we tested and improved the compatibility with the upcoming macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
          Improvements in Troi File Plug-in version 11.0.2
      Troi File Plug-in 11.0.2 has the following improvements:
      Tested and improved the compatibility with the upcoming macOS 10.15 (Catalina). (macOS Catalina) Fixed a bug in the Show Select Folder Dialog script step and the TrFile_SelectFolderDialog function where selecting the top folder of a disk would result in the diskname with two colons at the end (instead of one), for example “macHD::”. (Windows) Fixed a bug in the TrFile_GetContents function, where an error code $$-4212 (kErrReadBytesDiff) could be returned when getting the contents of an empty file. Made small improvements to the DataIn.fmp12 example file. Updated the text on the layout of the DragAndDrop.fmp12 example, to better show the “-ScrollDropZone” switch. More detailed information on all changes and improvements can be found on the File Plug-in page.
      You can download the new version there.
      Upgrading to version 11.0.2 is free for all users of version 11.0 and 11.0.1. You don’t need a new registration code.
      Upgrades from older versions are available from US $ 59. You can order upgrades from our shop.
    • By dmcs
      First off, I love 360Works plug-ins and Scribe. We've had a very successful deployment that has saved us lots of time thanks to this great utility. All I'm missing now is the ability to downsize the size of the font that goes into some of the PDF form fields because of extremely verbose answers that wind up getting cut off when the form is printed. I've tried downsizing the type in the database and in the calculation that sets the field. I'm thinking this may be a function of the PDF form template, but I don't have Adobe Acrobat Writer. I'm on a Mac. Let me know if there's a way to do this outside of altering the original form with Adobe Acrobat Writer. Thank you. 
    • By 360Works
      New Major Version, 360Works Zulu 4
      NOW AVAILABLE!
      360Works is proud to announce the release of Zulu 4. Zulu is an application that keeps your calendar events in sync with FileMaker records. It is able to sync with Apple Calendar, Google Calendar, and Exchange Outlook Calendar.
      You can manipulate the events in your calendar, and Zulu will write these changes to FileMaker records. The opposite is also true, updates to FileMaker records will be written to your calendar's events. Zulu will even respect FileMaker’s record level access privileges and record locking so you can filter records based on privilege set.

Zulu 4 is better for business! It allows you to integrate your business workflows into the well known calendar interfaces your users are already using on their devices. With the click of a link, a user can subscribe to a new calendar powered by your FileMaker solution.
      New Features:
      Apple Reminder Support - manage your Apple Reminders from FileMaker! Use alarms to control native iOS notifications. Use time based alarms to remind people of certain tasks. Take advantage of location based reminders, trigger a notification when a user arrives at a job site, or when leaving. Track completion of reminders, and track when the reminder has been seen by the user. One click URL calendar subscriptions, making it easier than ever to onboard new users. Improved publishing page - some users like Apple Calendar, but some are only on Google? No problem! Drive all calendars from FileMaker. We rewrote the publish page and reworked the publishing process entirely inside of FileMaker. Filter using the same methods provided by calendars, making assigning tasks to users as easy as assigning events! Minimum start date for Exchange and Google supported, so you don't need to worry about ancient events crowding your FileMaker solution. Zulu is easy to install. It is not a plug-in but rather an extension for FileMaker Server. There are no scripts to write or processes to manage. Integrating Zulu into your solution is a snap!
      Availability
      Zulu 4 is available immediately for purchase. Pricing starts at $429 for a Workgroup License. Enterprise License and Solution Bundle Licenses are available for larger scale solutions. There is a free trial version available as well. Discounts are available for education and non-profit organizations.

Additionally, the Enterprise License for Zulu 4 is available in the 360Works Portfolio Bundle. This deal includes all 360Works products at 75% off of the cost of the entire suite of plug-ins and add-ons for FileMaker.

Zulu is a 360Works maintenance product, this means it includes free upgrades (major and minor) for a full year. At the end of a year, you can continue to use the version you have forever, or you can choose to purchase maintenance which includes upgrades (major and minor) for another year. If you choose not to renew maintenance at the end of the year, you will not receive updates (major or minor) unless you repurchase the software at full price. You may sign up to auto-renew maintenance and receive a 10% discount on your renewal.

All Zulu license holders with valid maintenance (within one year since date of purchase) can download and use Zulu 4 at no additional charge.

Download, try, or buy Zulu 4 here!
        About 360Works
      360Works offers a wide selection of developer tools for FileMaker, including their flagship product, MirrorSync (FileMaker Solution of the Year in 2013). Our FileMaker staff have been producing easy-to-use extensions to the FileMaker platform since 1996. As a Platinum member in the FileMaker Business Alliance and 2009 winner of the FileMaker Community Contribution award, we are one of the top-tier FileMaker development firms in the world. Our customers include NASA, Apple, Pixar, Make-A-Wish, Omnicom Group, the US Marines, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and many other successful organizations.
      360Works
      plugins@360works.com
      (770) 234-9293
    • By 360Works
      360Works DevCon Discount EXTENDED!
      We are giving you additional days to take advantage of our 2019 DevCon Discount on 360Works Plug-ins and Add-ons for FileMaker!

If you need to add features or customize your database, now is the perfect time. With our DevCon discount you will receive 15% off of your online order using promo code DEVCON2019 during checkout, this offer expires August 16, 2019.

Click on any of the product links at the bottom of this email to learn more or to place your discounted order!
      New Product Availability and Updates
      Buy Now to Take Advantage of the Discount!
      This year, we were excited to showcase major improvements in the new versions of MirrorSync 6 and Zulu 4 to be released in the upcoming weeks.

MirrorSync and Zulu are BOTH maintenance products, this means that you receive all major and minor upgrades for a full year with your purchase. You can buy MirrorSync or Zulu NOW with your DevCon discount and receive the latest major version the moment it becomes available, at no additional charge!

Be sure to renew your maintenance or buy now (using the product page links below) to receive these exciting new updates.

New in MirrorSync 6:
      Automated deployment and version management for server-to-server syncs Now uses the Data API (instead of XML or xDBC) All new MirrorSync script, re-written to support new features in FileMaker 17 and later Unlimited tables Leverages new FileMaker features for much faster container field syncs  
      New in Zulu 4:
      Added support for Apple Reminders One click url calendar subscriptions, making it easier than ever to onboard new users Some users like Apple Calendar, but some are only on Google? No problem! Drive all calendars from FileMaker Minimum start date for Exchange and Google supported, so you don't need to worry about ancient events crowding your FileMaker solution.  
      Products
      Current Suite of FileMaker Products:
      Product Name Product Description 360Deploy Automated, simple deployment of new database versions Charts Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail Send and track email marketing campaigns Email Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker FTPeek FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases Plastic Payment processing plugin RemoteScripter Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files ScriptMaster Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer A better container field Web Assistant Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu FileMaker calendar sync   Stay updated with 360Works
    • By 360Works
      360Works Portfolio Bundle: Build a complete solution in FileMaker at a fraction of the cost.

Save Money
      The 360Works Portfolio Bundle offers the best FileMaker plug-in deal around. You receive all of the 360Works plug-ins and tools for FileMaker at 75% off the cost of the entire product suite from 360Works, saving you a great deal of money in the long run.    

Save Time
      Additionally, it saves you time by providing one, single license key to register all plug-ins and add-ons in your FileMaker solution. You even save time with updates! The Portfolio Bundle is on our Maintenance model for licensing, this means that your purchase includes 12 months of maintenance, which gives you all new products and upgrades released up to a year after your Portfolio Bundle purchase. At the end of 12 months, you may choose to renew your maintenance subscription for each additional year, for a cost of $695 (or auto-renew at $625.50).

The Portfolio Bundle includes over 18 FileMaker products, some of which are exclusive to Portfolio Bundle license holders only. Here is a friendly reminder about all that it has to offer:

Download products and learn more today at 360works.com/portfolio.

360Works Support
      Our 360Works Support Team is dedicated to your successful use of 360Works plug-ins and add-ons. If you run into issues we offer 2 free hours of technical support Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (ET). Most questions can be answered at our documentation/help page and requests for support team assistance can be sent to support@360works.com

Stay updated with 360Works

• Who Viewed the Topic

8 members have viewed this topic:
    comment  Larry Granback  _ian  mr_vodka  Ocean West  Josh Ormond  PeterinJapan  bcooney 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.