Help needed on Correction of relationship between Tables

This topic is 1472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I had this old database (still working fine) that I believed was not configured properly especially the relationship parts (please check uploaded tables relationship). The database was used to record users (staff) leave days by Start to End and calculate the number of leave days taken... this exclude the weekends and holidays. The database still works fine but I want to re-do it properly this time. My confusion is why do Leave Table and Holidays Table have many to many relationship? I forgot how this happens but I designed this with a very old version of Filemaker.

How can I do the relationship properly and if could explain why... would really much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

So I guess relationships on date fields always ended in a many to many relationship... is this right? cos I just do another one and it just automatically set to many to many... other inputs if you have any?... I'll just continue for now... thnx

Filemaker does not know if the relationship is one-to-many or many-to-many. Filemaker looks at the matchfield and tries to decide if it has a unique value (e.g. it is validated as unique or auto-enters a serial number). If so, it draws a dash line leading to the field; otherwise the line will end with a crow's foot. The field's type has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

This topic is 1472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.