read/write Filemaker data from MySQL database using ODBC connection to Filemaker

This topic is 1393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Apologies if I've put this in the wrong place.

My Filemaker solution uses a FM database and an ODBC connection to a MySql database that is used to serve data to a website.

I have complete read/write access to the data in the MySql database from inside FM and thus control of data published on the site.

I would like the MySql database to be able to access tables in the FM database in the same manner.

I have set up an FM ODBC connection to our FM server and that is visible in my local ODBC Manager, have tested the connection and that is good, but I can't see any way in the MySql apps I have installed on my system to create a table in the MySql database using live FM data, in the same way that I can make a table in FM using live data from the MySql database.

Is it possible to do this?

My main MySQL app is SequelPro.  And occasionally MySQL workbench and associated tools.

Thank you.

Andy Codling

No.

The FM feature you are describing is called "ESS" and that is basically FM doing a lot of work for you exposing the MySQL tables as if they exist in FM, but they don't.

There is no equivalent feature in the apps you are using to see MySQL data.  If you want FM data in MySQL you will have to create the matching table in MySQL and physically sync data.

SequelPro can of course connect to FM and see its tables and data.

This topic is 1393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.