Send Mail: Stopped Interacting with Outlook Email Client

I have a client that has been using a send email script step  that brings up the outlook email client on the desktop.  This as worked for years no problem.  It has stopped work on 3 of 35 computers within the last two weeks.  I talked with there IT personal and they have assured me that no updates have happened.  The actual error is -

Microsoft Office Outlook

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot

fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as

the default mail client.

I have double checked with system default  and Outlook's settings.  Both are set to default.

The client is using the latest version of office 360's and the latest version of FileMaker 18 advance. Both 64bit.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.11.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.17.22 PM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Msaeed
      As per mentioned in topic ,I would create script help me to make" - " between number for Emirates ID include 15 like ...
      783-1986-1234567-9
      Thanks alot for any help....
    • By Clayton King
      It's been a while since I developed a performance/singer set list application in FM18 and am revisiting it. I don't work in FM enough make my desired changes on my own, so asking for some help or directions.
      Essentially I have several related tables that grab info into a join (Gigs~Songs_Join) table. Tables include:
      Gigs: Date/time, venue, producer, etc. I
      Songbook: song title, duration, keys, genre, lyrics, etc.
      Musicians: used in Songbook to include original artist, lyricist, composer, etc.
      Venues: address, contact for venue, etc., used in Gigs above
      The attached snapshot is of the existing layout. 
      When this was originally created, there were just two of us performing, so I had a Singer value list created which included Clayton, Vicky and duet (both of us). The "Set List Summary & Counts" section of the layout (circled) is done with summary counts and the headings (Set, Songs, Duration, Clayton, Vicky, Duet) are just text on the layout. Each row in the section is a portal to the same layout (Gigs~Songs_Join) filtered for the Set number at the bottom. The assumption is that a max of 4 sets would be performed, thus four rows. The bottom row in the section shows how many sets, songs, duration, and counts of songs by singer.
      We now have additional singers, so I'd like the section to be more dynamic to account for multiple people. Recognizing a practical limit of how big this section can be, and assuming there never to be more than four singers, I'd like to heading in the section to be dynamically created and provide the same info as currently displayed. I edited the Singer value list to include various combinations of people and realized that's not going to work for my goal.
      I think what I want is some kind of dynamic field(s) to populate the header row. In the case of duets (i.e., Clayton & Vicky), rather than show that as a duet for the purpose of the summary section, I'd like to increment Clayton and Vicky's counts. So if Clayton sings 3 songs, Vicky sings 4 songs, and they sing 3 duets together, Clayton's count would be 6 and Vicky's count would be 7. The Duet column would go away. Also, if Lanny and Ella perform in a gig, they would (dynamically) appear in the section, with solo and duet counts handled the same way.
      I hope this is clear enough to provide some background, and appreciate any help given!

• By DataCruncher
      Hello, 

We run several FMS18 instances on Mac OSX machines. 
      Randomly, more often on Fri / Sat / Sun, Filemaker server will shut down and disconnect all clients - curiously always at the same time, around 11:55 PM - , and I am unable to restart it from the command line and the web admin drops offline. The only way to bring it back to life is to reboot the entire machine. 

Is there any scheduled update job at 11:55 PM that I should be aware of that would cause this behavior? 

• By mleiser
      I have two files. One is the parent/student file. Has a parent record and student records. The second file is another student file. I want the second file to get relational fields from the first file. Now, in the first file, the student record gets the last name from the parent record. To link the two files, I create a field of last and first and grade. Same in the second file. Then I want to pick up fields from the first file into the second. It didn't work. So I tried to index the field but it won't because last is a related field from the parent. I was going crazy so in the student file I wrote a script that copied each last name into a last_copied field so that the field of last, first and grade no longer had related fields and with setting indexing (so it shouldn't be unstored) it worked.
      This is a terrible way to have to do this. I'm hoping there's a basic answer to this that I just don't know. Anyone? I'd appreciate it.
      Michael
    • By Kitesurfer
      Hi,
      I am pretty sure I have done this correctly but the result is not there.
      I have attached a few screenshots that will explain everything I believe.
      Looking forward to some help.
      PS. I have also had some issues importing excel sheets meaning the source fields (Excel did not show, therefore I could not line them up with the relevant Filemaker fields)
      Maybe my Filemaker is corrupted, although I have never encountered Filemaker be corrupted.
      Anyway hope someone can shed some light on this
      Kind regards
      Rudy

• Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    bcooney  Steve Martino  OlgerDiekstra  comment  Scrimshaw 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.