Send Mail: Stopped Interacting with Outlook Email Client

I have a client that has been using a send email script step  that brings up the outlook email client on the desktop.  This as worked for years no problem.  It has stopped work on 3 of 35 computers within the last two weeks.  I talked with there IT personal and they have assured me that no updates have happened.  The actual error is -

Microsoft Office Outlook

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot

fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as

the default mail client.

I have double checked with system default  and Outlook's settings.  Both are set to default.

The client is using the latest version of office 360's and the latest version of FileMaker 18 advance. Both 64bit.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.11.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.17.22 PM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By ggt667
      Is there a way to query CWP using FMPXMLRESULT as payload to create new records in FileMaker? Goal is to be able to insert records from command line using curl from FMPXMLRESULT files to avoid a somewhat clunky query from FileMaker XML import.
      I tried the following:
      cd /tmp/ curl -X POST -kL -o /tmp/findany.fmpxmresult.xml "user:pass@127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=PushTest&-lay=Table&-findany" curl -X POST -kL --data @findany.fmpxmlresult.xml "user:pass@127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=PushTest&-lay=Table&-new" A new record is created, however the payload is ignored.
      Payload below FTR
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?><!DOCTYPE FMPXMLRESULT PUBLIC "-//FMI//DTD FMPXMLRESULT//EN" "http://127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.dtd"> <FMPXMLRESULT xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpxmlresult"> <ERRORCODE>0</ERRORCODE> <PRODUCT BUILD="03/16/20" NAME="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" VERSION="18.0.4.428"></PRODUCT> <DATABASE DATEFORMAT="MM/dd/yyyy" LAYOUT="Table" NAME="PushTest" RECORDS="17" TIMEFORMAT="HH:mm:ss"></DATABASE> <METADATA> <FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="name" TYPE="TEXT"></FIELD> <FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="number" TYPE="NUMBER"></FIELD> <FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="date" TYPE="DATE"></FIELD> <FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="timestamp" TYPE="TIMESTAMP"></FIELD> <FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="time" TYPE="TIME"></FIELD> <FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="_global" TYPE="TEXT"></FIELD> </METADATA> <RESULTSET FOUND="1"> <ROW MODID="13" RECORDID="24"> <COL> <DATA>Sweet</DATA> </COL> <COL> <DATA>667</DATA> </COL> <COL> <DATA>06/05/2020</DATA> </COL> <COL> <DATA></DATA> </COL> <COL> <DATA>10:44:15</DATA> </COL> <COL> <DATA></DATA> </COL> </ROW> </RESULTSET> </FMPXMLRESULT> If I simply put the parameters after the "?" in the payload file it works, however INSERTing the actual FMPXMLRESULT would be desirable.
      curl -X POST -kL --data @/tmp/GETlike.txt "user:pass@127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml" Where /tmp/Getlike.txt contains
      -dbnames as pr example returns expected list of database names.
    • By Msaeed
      Hi All,
      I would like to find solve my issue, as mentioned on the topic of how can find more than fields like serial No. or Code by IOS camera. please find below the script.

thank in advance for any help or support  
    • By tomp
      I'm having a problem getting BE_SMTPsend to successfully send an email with an attachment.
      No problem sending without an attachment, but when I add an attachment, I get an error 2 (not sure exactly what that means, but without the attachment, no error)
      These are the argument strings with and without attachments:

I have tried both relative and direct file paths for the variable $attachment. Examples are:

Both of them return an error code of 2.
      Since the 'send' without an attachment works, all the values of the fields/variables other than $attachment must be valid.
      Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what might be going on and what I might try to resolve this?

• By Msaeed
      Hi All,
      As per mentioned on topic, in fact i would like to create icon ex. hour in case rigging guard the insert time.

• By Solvax
      Hi,
      I'm trying to make a subsummary report with data from the current table and a related table.
      I never get to display the correct totals for the related table, and would therefore appreciate your help.
      First I'll try to explain the workflow:
      I have two tables called 'Voorraad_uit' (= outgoing stock) and 'Voorraad_in' (= incoming stock) which are related by delivery number.
      Data is first entered in 'Voorraad_in' (= incoming stock) and then related records are created in 'Voorraad_uit' when an incoming stock item is partly or completely shipped.  This second table contains mainly the outgoing amount and a unique outgoing delivery ID.

As a consequence, one record in table 'Voorraad_in' (= incoming stock) can have one ore more related records in 'Voorraad_uit' (=outgoing stock).
      I want to make a subsummary report showing the total amount of incoming and outgoing units per product(name) by using the following layout structure:

I tried two scenarios which each give me a part of the desired result.
      when I base the layout on 'Voorraad_in' (=incoming stock): I get the right totals for incoming deliveries I get all the incoming deliveries listed (also those without outgoing delivery) Body part 3 (see above) only shows one row also when there are more than one related outgoing transactions I get the wrong totals for outgoing deliveries (only based on one record) when I base the layout on 'Voorraad_uit' (=outgoing stock): I get the wrong totals for incoming deliveries I don't get all the incoming deliveries listed (only those with outgoing delivery) Body part 3 (see above) shows all the related outgoing transactions I get the right totals for outgoing deliveries Main goal is having the right totals for both incoming and outgoing deliveries..
      My layout is sorted ascending by (in mentioned order) productname, incoming delivery number and outgoing delivery number.
      The totals are calculated by using summary fields.
      I hope I'm on the right track and that the desired result is possible.. your help is much appreciated!
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Regards,
      Solvax

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.