Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help with script please

extreme

This topic is 1309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello hope all is keeping well?

Please I need help with this script what I have been trying to do for the last week is to put a saved PDF into a container field after its been created?

I have tried to insert into a container field with the field be interactive and not Interactive but with no joy.

The script attached is where I have been trying to place the script where the red line are?

So after its saved to the desktop import into a container field so we have a copy of the PDF

I hope someone would be so kind to help me

Thank You519870981_Screenshot2020-10-05at16_15_20.thumb.png.916d32e74f5b1fc86a6ed12358be13ea.png

Hello comment thank you for the link 

I have tried all the ways listed in the link and all I'm getting is the error 102 field is missing I have tried using another field but still getting the errors I looked up the error code and other recommendations is that pull it off the panel out of the live field but again still getting an error

Any Thoughts ????

Well, which field, in which table, are you trying to insert the PDF into? And is it on the current layout?

Your script shows you are in a layout of Job_Samples, showing only related records starting from some parent table. I would have thought that the container field would be defined in this parent table, and therefore accessible from the current context. But apparently you're doing something else.

Edited by comment

Ok here goes lol I will do my best to explain?

I am in layout: Job_Details with the Table: Job the Job_Samples is another Table called SAM_Samples which when I done the relationship I called it Job_Samples so you have connected Job_Details to Job_Samples

In the layout Job_Samples I have a container field called pdf and that's where the saved pdf should be Imported.

I have also put a container field in a layout called SAM_Samples and changed the script to input the saved pdf in that one but I'm still getting a error.

I hope this helps.

I am afraid I couldn't understand any of it.

I believe you are getting the error because the target field is not on the current layout - i.e. the layout you're on when you call the Insert File script step.

--
Note that there is  a way to insert a file into a container field even if the field is not on the current layout. But I think you should solve the current problem first.

This topic is 1309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.