FINALLY a Linux production version - and promptly running into issue connecting

DataCruncher

Hello Crew: 

So during beta, everything worked fine and I was delighted to see FMS 19 for Linux go into the first production release. 

So we installed Centos 7 anew, put an instance of FMS 19.1.2.234 on it - and it seemed to be running fine. 

First indication of problems: File upload through the Sharing menu option did not seem to be able to connect to the server. 

No biggie - so we hard-uploaded into the opt/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Database directory, changed ownership and permissions - and voila - the web interface shows the hosted file just fine. 

Webdirect works like a charm and we can access the file. 

ONLY: Accessing that machine from a Filemaker Pro app connects - but something is amiss. 

On first connection, it gives this warning that it is not using a SSL connection - which is weird, we installed the Claris test cert so it should be SSL. 

Second, once we accept that we are connecting to a non-secure server: 

FileMaker Pro 19 app says: 

No files are currently hosted on (HOSTIP). 

WHAT GIVES? I am staring at the open file hosted right in my web admin. I am logged into it on webdirect. 

Why on earth would I not be able to connect through Filemaker Pro 19 from a Mac? 

Am I missing something dead obvious here? 

HELP!

UPDATE: 

I am hosting three files on the FMS19 Linux now: 

The sample file; 

a TASKS file; 

and my business File, TEST. 

I can see sample and Tasks - but TEST does not show! What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you!

Edited by DataCruncher

On 11/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, DataCruncher said:

On first connection, it gives this warning that it is not using a SSL connection - which is weird, we installed the Claris test cert so it should be SSL. 

And on this: using hte Claris test cert is as good as not having an SSL cert; so you'll always get that warning unless you install a custom cert.

• 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ismail AlAbdulmohsen
      Hello; how can we interface between FileMaker Pro Apps and cash machine from Banks so when making invoice the amount required will be sent to the machine and buyer will need to insert bank card and password then will be authorized.
      Thanks
    • By bgscott
      I have a field, item ID, set to auto enter a serial number and validation set to not empty and unique.  If the serial number entered is not unique I do not get an error message when exiting the item ID field.  If I turn off auto enter serial number and manually enter a non unique item ID, I do get an error message when I exit the field.
      With auto enter a serial number turned on I only get the non unique error message when I commit the record.  I would like to get the error message when exiting the field when auto enter a serial number is turned on
      Any suggestions?
    • By pixi
      Recently I came across the demand to handle a specific file hosted on a FMS from an other, externally opened FM-file.
      Utilising the BE- or MBS-Plugin I can run system commands on the server from the client as PSOS to e.g. close the file on the FMS or, for instance, create text files.
      But to just open the fmp12-file locally in FM 18 or 19 (both are installed) a system command like "cmd.exe /c "/PATH/TO/FILE.fmp12"" does not work as PSOS but worked when run locally.
      Since the way, imho, would be to call a system level script on the server from the remote file I'm looking for the right syntax which works as PSOS.
      But I'm open to other ways as well ;o)
    • By bgscott
      I have a table with 200,000 plus records.  In that table, 1967 records have a BidID of 2018-XXX.  Each of those records has an ItemID.  Those records are imported from another table.  I want to check for duplicates so as to verify the user did not perform the import twice.  ItemID is unique.
      Here is how I am searching for duplicates
      First search for duplicate ItemID by placing ! in itemID field then perform find
      Next enter find mode again and place 2018-XXX in bidID field then select constrain found set in Requests menu.
      This does not find duplicated contained in 2018-XXX.  It does find a subset of only 1248 records however.
      If I switch the order, first find BidID then constrain to duplicates, no luck, still finds 1248 records
      I have tried many other ways to find duplicates within bidID 2018-XXX with no luck.

• By NickFaraday
      Hey everyone, 
      Just looking to see if anyone has come across a good solution to for this.  
      I have a set of records with multiple fields that I need to export to Excel, I'm exporting via script and everything works great with the exception of one of my fields "columns".   This field has a multi-line description.   When exporting, all carriage returns are stripped.   A quick google search turns up some solutions for exporting a single filed and preserving returns but not a group of fields with only one "column" needed the returns preserved.
      I'm on FM19 Server. 
      Is there a plugin that addresses this issue?
      Thx
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Fitch  Siva D 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.