Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple Fonts in one line

This topic is 1043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here's a strange question. I have a parents table and a student table. I have a field in the student table that creates the student name concatenated with their grade. In the parent table I have a field that puts all the parents children and their grades in one line for a printout. I use the substitute(list(student.... function. Works fine. Is their any way to get different fonts for different students in that line? If a student is in a certain grade I need it to be in a different font within the same line. Each parent's children, some in font a and some in font b depending on the grade. I know it sounds a little crazy, but any ideas? Thanks

26 minutes ago, mleiser said:

I have a field in the student table that creates the student name concatenated with their grade.

Change this field's formula to something like:

Let ( 
text = Name & ": " & Grade
;
If ( Grade ≤ 5 ; TextFont ( text ; "AlternativeFont" ) ; text )
)

This will cause the field in the parent table to display the names and grades of students in higher grades in the default font (the font associated with the instance of the field on the layout) and the other names and grades in the alternative font (use an actual font name instead of my placeholder).

35 minutes ago, mleiser said:

I know it sounds a little crazy

It sounds like an unorthodox method do display information. I would not like to be the recipient of this.

Will what you wrote above put all their names and grades on one line? It doesn’t seem so to me. 
mad far as why I need this it’s because certain grades are described in the Hebrew alphabet while the others are not. 

4 minutes ago, mleiser said:

Will what you wrote above put all their names and grades on one line? It doesn’t seem so to me. 

No. That's the role of the other field - the one in the parent table that substitutes ¶ in List(...) with something else (you did not elaborate).

7 minutes ago, mleiser said:

certain grades are described in the Hebrew alphabet while the others are not. 

Hm. Can you elaborate on that? I suspect we may have an XY problem here.

This topic is 1043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.