Opening GO file from link emailed from hosted file

This one has me stumped.

For years I have emailed links to iPads using the format:

url:fmp://[serverurl]/[filename]?script=[script]&param=" & [parameter]

It works great for hosted files. The iPad user opens their email, taps on the link, and Go opens the hosted file and performs the script.

But now I have a local file saved on the iPad that records data while offline and then syncs it to a file hosted on the server. I want a user on the hosted file to be able to send a link back to the person on Go which will launch Go, open the local file, and then perform the script to go to the record in question.

My usual URL format isn't working since it is a local file and not a hosted file. I thought I could just omit the server portion of the URL (like url:fmp://[filename]?script=[script]&param=" & [parameter]) but no joy. I tried a bunch of different permeations but always get errors that either [filename.fmp12] can't be found or ".fmp12" can't be found.

How do I write the URL to launch a local Go file from email?

Edited by Cable

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Martino
      I created a post regarding the 'Done' button that I couldn't seem to suppress on FM Go 19.  Then I thought I solved it by creating a new layout.

However, when creating a new window, I discovered that if I use a Document window, all the other parameters all the same, the 'Done' button and that entire bar show.

But if I am using a new window, Card window, that bar disappears.
      Is that a bug, expected behavior, or possible corruption?
      Thanks, 
      Steve

• By Steve Martino
      Hello forum.  Does anyone know how to hide these buttons?

I'm specifically trying to prevent the user from selecting 'Done' which commits the record.  I have a clear button over the layout that prevents a user from clicking anywhere outside a field or object to prevent committing the record.  Seems like none of these script steps help:

Is the only option an OnRecordCommit Trigger to suppress the 'Done' button as well as the other record buttons (Insert and +-) ? 
      I tried Show/Hide Toolbars both ways including Show/Hide Toolbars [Lock: Hide].
      Thanks
      Steve
    • By Steve Martino
      Does any know how (or if possible) to get a database file off of an IOS device (iPad, iPhone), that are in older versions of FileMaker Go.  When you try to open older versions of FM Go says the developer has to update them for them to open.  Which we know isn't going to happen.
      Didn't know if there was a way to rescue these files or if they're lost
      Thanks
      Steve.
    • By auarstadtt
      Hi everybody,
      I try to import pdf or jpg modified (markedup with the apple pen) into a container.
      But when I import the modified file then in filemaker I always see only the base pdf or jpg and not the annotations.
      Of course when I open the file on the Ipad I see the annotations.
      I've also tried to copy paste the file but I have the same result. Any idea where I'm wrong ?

Kind regards.
      Antoine
    • By Greg Hains
      Hi,
      I have a solution that requires technicians to have access to PDF Service Manuals on their iPads.  After much Googling and looking through various FM forums (including here), it appears that only the first page of a PDF hosted (in a container field) can be displayed and the user cannot scroll pages and read the PDF.  So would the best approach be to perhaps have the PDF files loaded onto the iPads and then have FM Go refer to them? It would certainly make file access quicker, but in my experience getting files onto the iPads is a pain in the neck, unless there was some way of installing the files onto the iPad's file system through the FM Go.
      Is the best (or only) way to do this through some sort of offline sync tool, or can it be done natively through Filemaker?
      If anybody has some ideas I'm all ears.  Thankyou.
      Greg

• Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.