Email scripts

EWilson

This topic is 6112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have a data base that contains different groups. Periodlically we need to send emails to individuals in the groups. We do not need to do a mass email. We need then to go out as one email at a time. I've watched all the training videos and there is nothing on how to set up this script. It can't be that difficult, but I sure could use someone willing to walk me through the steps.

• Newbies

And what do I do if in the script palette I don't have the option "go to first" and "go to next (exit at last)" Plus I have personal emails and work emails that need to go into the mix. Not all records have both. Please on one machine when I go to file there is an option to send mail. but on a different machine with the same file it doesn't show up. At what point does frustration (*^(&^&*(. I won't finish that thought. Novice here.

I am sorry to mislead you with pseudo-code. The actually script step are:

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Loop

Send Mail []

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after Last]

End Loop

Which email do you want to send to, personal or business or both? You could send to both by creating a calculation field that equals the personal email and the business email. Then in the Send Mail settings, set the Email To to that calculation field.

This topic is 6112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.