Looking For Freelance Filemaker Developer And Administrator

gsj224

This topic is 4896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello Forum,

I am looking for a FM guru to assist with a client need. They have a FM database which they are not using very well. They need someone to come in and assess their current database and develop a short, long, and immediate plan of action for the database; conduct any data cleansing/scrubbing; suggest any upgrades or plug-ins which could help them better use the database; provide monthly check-ups to the database; and avail youself for emergency support as needed.

Their corporate offices are in New York City (10001) but I think I can talk them into working with someone remotely. If they agree to a remote contractor, I would like for the person I choose to be available to travel to NYC for the initial assessment (expensese paid).

All interested candidates are urged to contact me directly via the forum with their hourly rates and availability to travel to NYC for the initial assessment.

Cheers

Glen

Hello Forum,

I am looking for a FM guru to assist with a client need. They have a FM database which they are not using very well. They need someone to come in and assess their current database and develop a short, long, and immediate plan of action for the database; conduct any data cleansing/scrubbing; suggest any upgrades or plug-ins which could help them better use the database; provide monthly check-ups to the database; and avail youself for emergency support as needed.

Their corporate offices are in New York City (10001) but I think I can talk them into working with someone remotely. If they agree to a remote contractor, I would like for the person I choose to be available to travel to NYC for the initial assessment (expensese paid).

All interested candidates are urged to contact me directly via the forum with their hourly rates and availability to travel to NYC for the initial assessment.

Cheers

Glen

Hi Glen,

You might want to post a little more about what their current database does. There is a wide gamut of experience sitting on this list and you may get some people who have "Been There, Done That". People who already understand the business model have a big step up in trying to help in this type of situation.

HTH

Dave

• Newbies

Thank you Dave,

Unfortunately, I am being given very vague details as well but from my questions to the client, they house several "items" and track when and where they market these items at events that they coordinate. They also track contact information for vendors and event goers. Honestly, the database is pretty static and they are looking to make use of more modern functionality such as porting it to the web, automating functions, etc. I hope this helps because that is about all I have to offer.

They are looking for a freelancer so someone who is used to assessing client needs is VERY important to them.

Hi Glen,

This is Omega Goh from Singapore. I think Dave is right. You may need to know more about the system your client is having now. Preferably, a demo by a key user to you and where possible get a clone system from the client.

Also, find out the version of FMP they are using (I will not be surprise if they are running on FMP6.), the OS (Windows, Mac or mixed) and the overall setup (FM Server, say).

Since you are considering remote support, I would suggest that you go for Data Separate development model. As for cleaning of data, you may need to be the key player unless your client is comfortable of a remote developer login to their system.

I started using FM since v2, that is since 1980s. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested to work with me.

Regards,

Omega Goh

Speedy Scaleable Solutions

Thank you Dave,

Unfortunately, I am being given very vague details as well but from my questions to the client, they house several "items" and track when and where they market these items at events that they coordinate. They also track contact information for vendors and event goers. Honestly, the database is pretty static and they are looking to make use of more modern functionality such as porting it to the web, automating functions, etc. I hope this helps because that is about all I have to offer.

They are looking for a freelancer so someone who is used to assessing client needs is VERY important to them.

This topic is 4896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.