Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Chart from Sub-Summary Data

bcolburn

This topic is 4596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I'm having a labeling problem creating a chart in my sub-summary part. I have several demographic counts that are already counted (summary field) and converted to percentages (calculation field using getsummary() function) for all my fields of interest. The sub-summary reports are produced when I sort by the field "Case Type". I am trying to create a pie chart in the sub-summary part that shows the distribution of each trait (e.g. male vs. female, race/ethnicity distribution) for records of each case type. However, I keep getting a chart with a different pie slice for each RECORD and not for each TRAIT. That is to say, if I have 500 records of a given case type, I will get a pie chart with 500 slices, each labeled male or female, all of equal size on the pie. Can someone help me figure out my labeling issue? I don't think I'm fully grasping just how the chart feature actually pulls data to create the graph.

I think my label data is "Demographics::Sex", but what should my value data be? I'm lost. The fields available are:

"Case type" (a label field)

"COUNT Case Type" (a count of all cases that sorts by case type in the sub-summary report)

"COUNT Male"/"PERCENT Male" (and same for female)

If I'm not clear in this, it's because I'm new to FM and still learning the lingo. Just ask me what you need clarification on and I will do my best to rephrase the question. Thanks for your help!!!

Actually, as I've played around, I've realized I need to clarify this. I figured out how to display the data, I think. However, I am having trouble having my chart sort data points by the same criteria I want.

I have two sorts happening, I think. First, I want to sort my sub-summary part by Case Type in order to find out data for each of the case types I have. However. All of my count fields on the graphs are dependent upon this sort. However, I ACTUALLY want the graphs to display how the counts have changed in each category on a week-by-week basis. I have a separate summary field for each week in the study (e.g. COUNT Week 1, COUNT Week 2, COUNT Week 3). I ultimately want the X axis of my graph to be the Study Week and the Y axis to be the COUNT for that particular week. When I have tried to do this, I only get one single bar for each graph that is equal to the total study enrollment (my chosen Value variable). So what I am finding is that I need to sort records by Case Type to get separate sub-summary reports but I cannot find a way to simultaneously parse out my study enrollment counts according to Study Week. The end goal of all of this is to demonstrate how enrollment for each case type has changed over time. But I am finding that because my counts are distinct variables for each week, this is a disaster. I Does this make sense? I think the main problem is my variable set-up, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

This topic is 4596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.