Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server Advanced 11 - External Authentication disabled after restart

This topic is 4342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Since about a week ago, we noticed that after a routine server restart that the previous radio button enabling External Authentication is now always disabled and must be re-enabled.

Is there a plist or preference file that may be damaged, and if so, which file(s) should I yank (and where would they be located)?

We have also been experiencing "communication was lost to the host…" errors, which affects all connected users, connected via the WAN from any location (Austin, Sacramento, VPN). Maybe it is related, since it never seemed to occur previously?

Thanks in advance,

- - Scott

• 1 month later...

I finally got to the bottom of this. After having problems with installation of MirrorSync from 360Works, our System Admin found that re-installing did not resolve any of the issues I asked about in this forum post, nor the problem with installing MirrorSync.

Turns out that the default path for the server was set to the Library/FileMaker Server, rather than the normal default location of fmserver user ~/ (home) path. Our System Admin changed that and things were normal again - no lost settings or backup schedules.

Best regards,

- - Scott

This topic is 4342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.