Value List works but does it really?

ron G

This topic is 4104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FM 12 03 Advanced on OSX

I have a layout based MEETINGS and a portal on that layout based on MemberMeetingJoin.  (FYI The LO is based on Meetings because to the right is another Join Table that holds VISITORS and there is a second Layout to the right that holds a portal based on Visitors.)  Everything works OK

post-72145-0-07002700-1360966980_thumb.j

On the left Members portal, I have the the MemberMeetingJoin::KF_Member field.

post-72145-0-18619100-1360967149_thumb.j

The Value List definition for MemberMeetingJoin::KF_Member is:

post-72145-0-68768000-1360967230_thumb.j

And consists of the KF_Member field and NotDOP which is a calculated field that puts the name of the member in the NoDOP field if the member is not deceased.  It works

==========

This arrangement generates a report:

post-72145-0-61634000-1360967426_thumb.j

... which has this outcome:

post-72145-0-11232200-1360967462_thumb.j

What perplexes me is that the KF_Member has the member Name from the popup in it while the MemberName field is blank.  Am I corrupting my KF_member field with this arrangement? 

The report works well as long as I treat the KF_Member as the name.  But, "shouldn't KF_Member be getting KP_Member value and the Memberr Name field get the Member Name?

In retrospect I wish I had developed this app with a 'status' field that would be " Member, Candidate, Visitor".  It would have been a lot simpler.... But, too late to change now.

Solved.  (I think)

The crux of the problem was that the kf_ field showed values from a previous definition of a value list.  Although the value list was 'redefined', it still showed incorrect values.  When I deleted the field from the layout and brought the same field back into the layout everything looked as expected.  Weird.... But it worked... for some reason...

This topic is 4104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.