Server Maintenance This Week. ×

autoscroll to bottom of portal

owangolama

This topic is 4040 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal that shows log events as they happen, chronologically. For UI reasons I need the oldest events at the top and the newest at the bottom. I'd like the portal window to keep scrolling down on its own so it always shows the newest event (at the bottom) and as many previous events as would fit. I do not want to have to GoToObject to make this happen; I would like it to do it on its own.

I know that I can do it backwards. I.e., if I sort the list in reverse order and have newest on top, then the portal will update on its own, happily showing the newest at the top all the time. But there are other things on the page that show newest on the bottom, so as I said, I need it to be in that order for UI reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Would it work for you if you set a layout script triger "OnRecordLoad" and then tell the script to go to the designated portal (GoToObject) and to tje last row (Go to Portal Row [Last] ). That would do what you want automatically (on its own) every time somebody enters a record on that layout and if the named object (portal) exist.

• Like 1

thanks, Milanm, but that won't work. it's a good idea, but i'm trying not to change the focus. the portal would actually have to update in multiple windows simultaneously, one for the user and another for his/her audience.

if i can't figure out something that WILL work, then i'll certainly consider using OnRecordLoad to minimize my coding.

anybody else have a good idea?

This topic is 4040 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.