Syncing Filemaker database with Remote FM Server and MySQL server

This topic is 3615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Here it is my (wannabe) solution:

A) One FM server 11A (Win Machine, unspecified so far), on the local Intranet, few clients (6) online
B) One FM Server 11B (Windows Server 2008 Machine), on remote server
C) One MySQL server on the remote server
D) 2 distinct Databases (filemaker 11 and PHPMySQL) with exactly the same structure (i.e fields and tables) BUT differejnt data: Users working on FM database and MySQL database will be different, there will be no overlapping or editing of the same record between the 2 interfaces

FM Server 11B and MySQL server are on the same remote machine.

What I would like to do:

The User (Jimmy as an example) insert a new record in the local intranet using Server A. Every now and then (let us say, every 3 hours) the updated database running locally should be uploaded from Server A (or even from a FM client (robot)) to Server B (Remotely). The new updated version should overwrite the previous one (3 hours old) and become the current one on Server B as well. Immediately after a sync between FM Data and MySQL data (receiving data from a totally different group of users) should be done so that an updated and current version of the database will be local and, after 3 hours, even on the remote machine (either in FM format, and MySQL format)

Would be possible to make all the procedure automatic and schedule it to happen every 3 hours ? We are not talking about an enormous amount of data (No images, just text, around 10 new records every 3 hours MAX, usually much less)

Thanks a lot for any help,

Diego

This topic is 3615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.